Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish (Student)     26 December 2012

Forced marriage of girl

Hello.

My friend is being forced to marry by her parents without her consent. she is forcefully engaged with a guy, she is 20, and is in love with someone else(20). She has told her parents and the guy too ,with whom she is engaged by her parents. Her parents just want to get her married with anyone not even concerned about her life. But no one is listening to her and they are preparing for her marriage.PLEASE GUIDE WHAT STEPS CAN BE TAKEN TO PREVENT THIS MARRIAGE LEGALLY AND CAN SHE LODGE A COMPLAINT FOR THIS?

And the most important concern is WILL THE POLICE SUPPORT HER and if her parents will harm her after knowing that she has lodged a complaint?

PLEASE HELP 

Learning

8 Replies

Harish (Student)     26 December 2012

Thankyou Sir

Kindly tell me should she comlaint in writing to local P.S? I mean a kind of letter to the sho or someone..?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     26 December 2012

agree with expert

1 Like

Harish (Student)     27 December 2012

sir what is the procedure for applyying to the high court for protection of her right? And how much time does it take? Because they've done her Roka and we are not sure about the time of her marriage. So I want to know how many days or months before, she should apply to the high court so that the court can take actions and order injunction for her marriage.

Harish (Student)     29 December 2012

Plz Reply..Anybody plz reply

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     29 December 2012

Harish..If she refuses to marry, will she be given shelter under her parent's house...She is just 20..

Do send a letter to SHO, DCP of area and the comissioner, you can email to DCP And Comissioner.....Things should settle at police level, you may file for injunction at lower court, you need'nt go to High Court....Do it soon if you don't know the dates...

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail.com

Dr Vipul Dave (Paediatric Consultant)     03 January 2013

Esteemed Sirs

Recently I have recved mail requesting help the case details are as follows

the girl in question was married off to a person the was under family pressure and was not allowed to excersize her right to choose the person she was intending to marry she is from a modest background and with just basic education without  any work experience probably she doesnt have much friends network to support her she is from meerut and now based in muzaffarnagar (UP)

what legal steps she should take before leaving her matrimonial home so that she is not harrased by her in laws and whom all she should inform so that no false complaints are loged against her just to harrasment she is intending to take up job as lead an independent life.

can you suggest me the organization like ngos or legal cell which can help her if the amount is reasonable and within my reach I will pay her legal fees

Praying on behalf of her for your candid views and legal opinion
regards
Dr Dave

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register