Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     15 December 2012

Renouncing world and impact on divorce

Learned lawyers,

I have certain questions on following items with respect to divorce on the ground of renouncing the world.

Suppose a divorce hit husband out of pressure, renounces the material world to pursue religious belief. i know  divorce can be granted to wife? If husband donated every bit of his wealth to charity, what will be judiciary stand on this if wife claims any maintenance?

suppose after divorce if husband resumes his material life what will be judiciary stand if wife approaches again? say for example after an year granting divorce? what will happen if husband remarries now?

Suppose during renouncing the world, if he adopts a child, will wife consent is necessary at this instance?

Any rulings of honorable HC and SC? Please provide me.

regards

Mani

Learning

8 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     16 December 2012

instead of renouncing the world, just fight back

dont let the wicked lady succeed.

of course, u can donate ur property without renouncing the world too !!

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     16 December 2012

Amit,

I am fighting my case in court and will succefully proove and  remarry. i spent already two years, I am planning to pursue law, and this question popped me in my mind. So wanting response from learned experts on this. atleast if there is scope why cant we advise someone in future who are sure to be hit.

mani 

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     16 December 2012

its not the proper approach, Mani.

concentrate on the case - make her efforts futile.

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     16 December 2012

Lemme know if come across a citation.....And By the way, why will the husband not like to fulfill his last responsibility before renouncing and donate his property to smoone else than his wife?

Regards

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 December 2012

Originally posted by : Mani
  XXX renouncing the world.

Suppose a divorce hit husband out of pressure, renounces the material world to pursue religious belief. i know  divorce can be granted to wife? If husband donated every bit of his wealth to charity, what will be judiciary stand on this if wife claims any maintenance?

suppose after divorce if husband resumes his material life what will be judiciary stand if wife approaches again? say for example after an year granting divorce? what will happen if husband remarries now?

Suppose during renouncing the world, if he adopts a child, will wife consent is necessary at this instance?

What a (bald) IDEA sir jee J

Renunciation of world is a ground for divorce only under Hindu law. The ground cannot be used after filing Petition under
HMA!

According to the religious belief of Hindus, every Hindu is required to enter into the Sanyasa Ashrama (a Hindu’s life is organised into four ashramas of which sanyasa is the last ashrama). Since this is the last ashrama entered into the old age, it amounts to the civil death. In fact one of the essential rites for entering into this ashrama is the performance of the one’s own funeral rites. The entering into this ashrama means not merely renunciation of the world or worldly things, but it is also an end of one’s world life. Entering into this ashrama is part of Hindu religion. A person may become sanyasi even at a young age, and it is considered meritorious. Looked at from the point of view of the non-sanyasi spouse, it may mean worst deprivation. It brings consortium to a dead end, and thus, in matrimonial law, it is nothing but desertion. But if we would call it desertion, it is going to hurt religious feelings. Therefore, with a view to ameliorating the hardship of sanyasi’s spouse, it has been made specifically a ground for divorce and judicial separation.

The requirements of this ground are two: 

1. Renunciation of world by the respondent (i.e. before filing and not after or during as your query sounds after and during after thoughts to me), and

. Entering into a holy order by him.

A person may renounce the world, such as when he does not take any interest in the worldly affairs or retires to a single room, withdraws from cohabitation, or takes a vow of celibacy, or becomes a mauni, yet he may not join a holy order. Such a spouse will not be covered under this clause, though his conduct may amount to desertion or cruelty. Unless the second condition is also fulfilled, the other spouse cannot sue for divorce or judicial separation under this clause.

A person enters into holy or religious order when he undergoes the ceremonies and rites prescribed by the order, which he has entered. Becoming a chela of a guru does not by itself mean entering a holy order may not always amount to renunciation of the world. Thus, when a Sikh becomes a granthi or a Hindu becomes a pujari is allowed to lead a family life. It is also submitted that the clause will not apply to those cases where a mahant or saint is allowed to lead married life.

The mere fact that a person declares that he has become a sanyasi or that he calls himself or is described by others as such or wears clothes ordinarily worn by sanyasis would not be sufficient to make him a perfect sanyasi. The essential ceremonies in this connection include the performance of "prajapathiyesthi homan" and the "viraja homan" or 'ghatta shradha'!

Here you are again wrong in self assuming that your wife will get divorce. No she cannot because it will be treated as after-thoughts of respondent (husband or as the parties Memo may be in a Case).

I suggest contesting the charges while still living in materialistic world with a beautiful wife eying matrimonial Laws fruits study these earliest Judgments by paying money for Xerox copy to your advocate and following what @ Amit hinted in his first reply above, instead of one fine morning waking up to (bald) idea of what ever has been mentioned in your query before us J

Ref.:

Krishanji Vs. Hanmaraddi [(1934) 58 Bombay 436]

Satyanarayana Vs. Hindu Religious Endowments Board [AIR 1957 Andhra Pradesh 824]

Parshottam Vs. Desaibhai [AIR 1932 Bombay 459]

Gouri Vs. Niader [(1913 -1914) CWN 59]

Ramakrishnan Vs. Srinivasarao [AIR 1960 Andhra Pradesh 449]

PS:
When something is given for FREE one too many IDEAS dwells into a personality. Suppose same is put as
COST then all such (bald) ideas vanishes is my view. If you don’t understood this much then it is bound that you will ask another FREE IDEA question here J

3 Like

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     17 December 2012

Dear Amit, Chetan and Tajobs,

Thanks for your reply to my query.

As a layman ( as of now), trying to learn/know the laws of my own land, my thought was put into seeking some possiblities ( though sound like escapism) in those legal sections carved with simpler jargons.

@ Chetan sir,

Why would a husband need to donate to a wife who just for the sake of money , married a person and after immediately acting as devil?  he can donate his money to a disadvantged section rather to a extortionist using legal options

@Tajobs,

Please bear with me I may come up more such bald ideas, in serach of possibilties for husbands going bald made by beautiful actresses alias wives of this country

Regards

Mani

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     17 December 2012

@Tajobs,

Please bear with me I may come up more such bald ideas, in serach of possibilties for husbands going bald made by beautiful actresses alias wives of this country

any such SUCCESSFUL IDEA (if really found) will be sold for MILLION DOLLARS !

Book me as ur first buyer !!

1 Like

Samuel (CEO)     17 December 2012

Book me as well.., :-)

All Ideas are worth, it is claissified bad or good depends on circumstances...

I was also thinking sometime ago going for sanyasi....,  rather living in hell! Your idea worth giving off wealth to someone other than wife!

keep the IDEAS running Mani.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register