LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Information using rti

I asked the information using RTI from a police station by attaching rs 10 IPO.

In reply they called me and asked money.Again I sent  rs 10 IPO.

How will they send me the required documents? Was that necessary for me to attach self address envelope?

Learning

7 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     08 December 2012

Not necessary to attachany envelope.

1 Like

(Guest)

your query is of a vague kind. What did your statement "In reply they called me and asked money."mean.

Anyway,find the attachment,read the information under the heading "Fee for seeking information" very carfully.

Hope that helps

Regards

Attached File : 366895611 rti procedure.xps downloaded: 130 times
1 Like

surjit singh (Assistant)     08 December 2012

If the information asked by you contains documents then in that case you will be asked to deposit an amount  @ 2/- per photo copy, and in case it does not contain any they will just send you the informatoin by a letter addressed to you by ordinary post unless you have specifically mentioned in your applicaton of sending it by registered post. For sending your information by registered post also you have to send the cost of registered post.

1 Like

(Guest)

Is this possible that give RTI application by hand and after fews days receive that by hand in  place of receiving by post?

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     10 December 2012

There wont be any irregularity in supplying the information by hand ,once the public information officer decides to partwih the information.

(Guest)

@Devendra,

Your last question in this thread surfaced only because you haven't gone through the attached document's content. The answer of your question lies in the content under the heading "Method of seeking information".

I strongly advise you go through the content of the whole attached documents.The more you read,the more you will be able to understand RTI.

One more thing i want to add "If you want to have an inspection of the records which in under the power for public authority, for the first one hour,you don't need to pay any fee"

For more information don't forget to visit https://www.rti.gov.in

Hope that helps

regards

1 Like

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     16 December 2012

hello,

you can give the RTI by hand and can recieve an acknowledgement from the PIO.

if u want to inspect some doc they will call you for inpection.

Might be asking money to furnish that info to u or to provide a copy of that documents which u r seeking.

no need to attach envelope they will send u on their own.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register