LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zubair (aaa)     30 November 2012

Io problem

I m stuck big time. IO is not willing to give bail for 2 of my far off relative whose name is been accused by my wife. Those 2 relatives  dont reside with us and are not at all involved in this. Now IO is asking my parents that  first give details of Me then only he will do something. Is it advisable to give my details of abroad (workplace or country)? Is there any way i get get a bail for them without involving IO? 

Also pls let me know if i want to come to india what can be done to avoid arrest at the airport.

Regards

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     30 November 2012

1. Bails are granted by Court and not by IO. IO can only oppose and if no merit there in his opposition then Court grants such bail on merits of the case. Far off relatives who never shared matrimonial home and never interfered into day-to-day affairs of a couple have no role to be arrayed in a Criminal family law related complaint case. Stick to it.
2. Never give your overseas address. She is your wife she should know all these things.
3. See my earlier posts on LOC / Passport revocation etc. to understand full issue.
4. There is no need to come to
India. Even via Video Conference (via Consulate General’s office - local) Criminal Cases such as this nature can be easily disposed off.
5. Hire via local reference a seasoned Criminal Lawyer. He should be doing all these on your and your far off relatives. SC directions are very specific on far off relatives a Lawyer should know about it.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register