LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahendra Jadhav (HR Administrator )     30 November 2012

Pf account

My name is  Mahendra Ashok Jadhav  working in Pune Maharashtra with a company from Karnataka 
it's over 6 months I'm working with this company.
My Manager gave me below number as my pf account no.
PYPNY00521630000000240 
but whenever i visit https://www.epfindia.com/MembBal.html
every time it shows same error as below 

STATUS for Member ID: PY/PNY/0052163/000/0000240

Invalid Member_id / Data not updated against this PY/PNY/0052163/000/0000240

**Data updated till 26-11-2012 17:40:16

I tried with some of my colleagues pf nnumber but their accounts also showing same error 
that is why I'm worried about my money.
I didn't get any updates about my pf account i asked my manager about this issue he showed me an pdf file having PF office logo  and threaten me to keep my mouth shut.

I have mailed all this issue to 

KARNATAKAPeenya EPF
ro.peenya@epfindia.gov.in
 but l no reply from them yet 
what should i do now ?

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 November 2012

Don't ask the PF number verbally, and don't accept verbally.

Write to the good office of your appointing authority, MD, with a copy to Head-HR to supply your PF number in writing .

Has the company been issuing salary slip?

Does it show deductin of PF, and PF number in salary slip?

Has it supplied PF account slip to any of the lod employees?

1 Like

Mahendra Jadhav (HR Administrator )     30 November 2012

First of all thanks for replying my question.

yes mailed them  i did it before,  and I'm getting my salary slip too ( soft copy in PDF format )

and it shows that deduction from my salary .

and I don't think any PF account slip was supplied yet 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 November 2012

https://epfoservices.in/epfo/member_balance/member_balance_office_select.php

KN - PEENYA

PY

PNY

PEENYA

Data available upto 26-11-12

You are probably at PEENYA.

It is felt that establishment code is either not issued or not being supplied to you by your company.

You may visit the local PF office and discuss with them. They may be able to search by entering the name of establishment.

You have the option of approaching the PRO/APFC/RPFC at PF office at your location and where your company is submitting the PF contributions {all addresses are available at EPFO directory}, or pursuing thru RTI route or to obtain correct PF number from your establishment.

Usually HR in the company handles the PF. You may speak to the concerned HR personnel.

If you have asked to provide your PF number by email you may submit a gentle reminder and peruse till you get correct PF number.

Company should not conceal the PF number from employee.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

1 Like

Mahendra Jadhav (HR Administrator )     02 December 2012

Hi all,

Thanks for replying 

Kumar I'm working in Maharashtra Pune and i never been to karnataka 

how can get info from PFO ?

and this number i got from my HR manager he gave me this number as my PF account number 

i just want to be confirm whether they ( my company ) is cheating with us or not . if they are cheating with us i can easily quit  untill get big loss 

please reply 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 December 2012

Probably the company has PF a/c at PEENYA Karnataka.

Don't ask the PF number verbally, and don't accept verbally.

Write to the good office of your appointing authority, MD, with a copy to Head-HR to supply your PF number in writing.

Company is duty bound to supply it to you.

Ask your HR Manager to forward the PDF file having your PF number to you. He may not agree.

You have the option of approaching the PRO/APFC/RPFC at PF office at your location {the PRO is duty bound to receive your letter under acknowledgment with diary number, seal and signature} and can search for your establishment from his office. You can also approach PRO/APFC/RPFC at PF office where your company is submitting the PF contributions {all addresses are available at EPFO directory}, or pursuing thru RTI route or to obtain correct PF number from your establishment.

There is an option for establishment search at EPFO website. You can do it on your own.

1 Like

Mahendra Jadhav (HR Administrator )     03 December 2012

the pdf file having my name and account number also having other names and their account numbers, so i dont think they will give it to me easily.

My company gives me salary slip too and given account number is mentioned on it as a PF account number .

We dont have our branch office here in  Pune,  we work at our client place . Our HR Head works in Bangalore office and, I saw him once in the annual party in the last year .

will maharashtra EPF office give me details if i go there ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register