LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajiv_lodha (zz)     03 November 2012

Rti copies as exhibits in divorce case

I am petitioner in sec 13 i a HMA. I obtained several copies throu RTI to be used in this divorce case. My lawyer submitted all these originals as such, all pages bear RTI stamps & initials of PIO. These documents have been marked as exhibits too (total 15 in no.). Opposite lawyer remained casual in his approach that day & did not raise objections to the whole process. Now my cross is to start.

1) Do I need to summon all this record formally through court OR these RTI original copies marked as exhibits wil serve the purpose?

2) Can the opp lawyer raise objections now about the validity of these proofs? OR i may prsume that they have missed the bus

Learning

13 Replies

Never Give Up (Fighter)     03 November 2012

I think RTI replies are admissible ..no need to call concern PIO in the court.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     03 November 2012

Originally posted by : rajiv_lodha

I am petitioner in sec 13 i a HMA. I obtained several copies throu RTI to be used in this divorce case. My lawyer submitted all these originals as such, all pages bear RTI stamps & initials of PIO. These documents have been marked as exhibits too (total 15 in no.). Opposite lawyer remained casual in his approach that day & did not raise objections to the whole process. Now my cross is to start.

1) Do I need to summon all this record formally through court OR these RTI original copies marked as exhibits wil serve the purpose?

Do I need to summon all this record formally through court - NO NEED.

RTI original copies marked as exhibits wil serve the purpose

2) Can the opp lawyer raise objections now about the validity of these proofs?

NO 

OR i may prsume that they have missed the bus

these documents can not be objected since these are bearing the stamp, sign and designation of PIO.

u r in the right but which is on the right track.

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     03 November 2012

** read as BUS not BUT in the last line

Samson Samuel (Lawyer)     03 November 2012

yes rajiv you are on the right bus...

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     03 November 2012

RTI documents are official documents and have legal sancity and can be presented under the evidence act as a documentary evicdence.

1 Like

aaalar (employed)     13 November 2012

can we ask through rti about the property ie house , flat , car , jewellery purchase and their actual owen bill no of purchase  etc .

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     14 November 2012

hello aaalar,

you cannot ask about personal property.

but u can TEP in income tax dept.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

aaalar (employed)     15 November 2012

can we file a TEP 

1. Against any one , with out any obvious reason ( mean on the bases of threatening only to file dowry case against you.)

2. Can mere mentioning of object ( i.e. car of this and this no. , jewelry  of somewhat  this amount  from this expect showroom )

3. Mere bases of TEP can IT Department give information about Income tax return .

4. On basis of TEP can we file a case of illegal assets and involvement in illegal activities .

aaalar (employed)     15 November 2012

Thanks Rahul Ji

regard

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     17 November 2012

I differ, the PIO/ CPIO has to come and authenticate the document that the same were provided under him.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

rajiv_lodha (zz)     17 November 2012

Hmmmm

Things are back 2 square on by shonee's post.

Experts!

What is the real law about these RTI copies as exhibits?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     20 November 2012

What I stated is the law.

The PIO need to be summoned before the documents can be marked as exhibits.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

rajiv_lodha (zz)     24 November 2012

Thanx dear!

In my case, these documents have already been marked as exhibits & the opposite lawyer did not make objections in this process. Now cross has started, Shud I take it as I HAVE CROSSED THE BOTTLENECK & do not have to bring PIO in witness box anymore to depose

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register