Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Pinjani (ASE)     05 November 2012

My mother's & my right on property after my father's death

Hi All,

Hope you are fine and doing well :)

I have few questions regarding our property...

Here it goes...

1st My father died about 15 yrs back, then my grand father passed away abt 14 yrs. back, & now recently my grand mother also passed away abt 2 yrs. back.

We have 1 house which stands on my grand father's/grand mother's name, i am not sure bcz i dont know abt the current status.

My father was having 50% share in the shop which was registered on my grand father's & my father's name. when my father & grand father passed away, we got 50% share from that shop. the shop is already sold out but the house is still there.

Also, we got half of the price of the house which was registered on my grandfather's name.

My father was having 3 sisters. Now as my grandmother has also passed away.  My question is, to whom the house will go, is it that it will be given to my father's 3 sisters & they have the sole right over it or can my mother, me myself & my sister can also claim a share in the property. 

Please note that we dont have any written agreement about half the share of house was given to us in the past nor any of my father's sisters has it but at that time as me & my sister were minor & not an adult, they took my mother's sign on a paper stating that my mother & her 2 children will not have any right on the property hereafter, but we are not sure whether it was a registered agreement or a simple plain paper....we asked them to provide a copy of that paper to us so that we can review it but they refused ...can we ask for that copy in a legal way, if yes how ?

Please advice what can be done & how ?

Need your help in this matter....

Thanks alot in advance :)

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 November 2012

Your father's  sisters with your family (mother, brothers+sisters) have equal share in the intestate property left behind by your grandfather.  

Engage and seek advise/services of a local lawyer.

1 Like

Ravi Pinjani (ASE)     07 November 2012

Thanks alot for reply :)

I want a little more clarification from over this:

Is that mean that the property will be divided into 6 equal parts(3 father's sisters+ me+my mother+my sister) ??

OR

the property will be divided into 4 equal parts(3 father's sisters+ my father's share) ??

please advice ??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register