LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saritha (employee)     21 October 2012

Relieving letter - statutory right ?

I have been told that an employee generally can get 3 letters..

1 relieving letter

2 work experience letter

3 reference letter

while the first two are his/her statutory rights while the third is the wish/option of the employer. Is that correct ?? which law/act states this if true and what are the general conditions ......please help experts

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 October 2012

1 relieving letter: is issued post all settlements by the employee to certify that nothing is due against the employee and employee has been relieved.

Some employer create/add column for conduct.

2 work experience letter: is issued to certify that employee has worked with the company from period…to period….at designation…..at location…….

This helps the company also as employee and employers have record of employment.

Service certificate is cited in Industrial Employment Standing Orders Act.

3 reference letter

It is felt that this is being cited as a letter/document to refer an individual by someone who knows him and it is the discretion of the employer or any person to issue such letter or not.

1 Like

saritha (employee)     22 October 2012

Thank you sir for your response...Could you also confirm that these would hold good for a proprietor concern in andhra pradesh with 5-8 people in the workplace..i am trying to get hold of the acts/laws similar to the ones you posted for AP.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 October 2012

Key Contacts/Labor officials is available at:

https://www.aponline.gov.in/apportal/departments/departments.asp?dep=23&org=156&category=Key%20Contacts

The Andhra Pradesh Labour Welfare Board/Employee’s representatives and other details is available at:

Five Members : Employee’s Representatives

One Woman Member to represent Women

https://www.aponline.gov.in/apportal/departments/departments.asp?dep=23&org=277&category=about

SE Act of AP;

Chapter VII: Leave with wages, Insurance scheme for employees

23. Explanation of Wages.

20. Termination

29. Maintenance of registers and Records

30. Letter of Appointment

Attached File : 809798599 ap%20shops%20and%20establishment%20act%2c%201988.pdf, 809798599 ap%20shops%20and%20establishment%20act%2c%201988.pdf downloaded: 141 times
1 Like

saritha (employee)     14 December 2012

Sir I have a question for you with repect to the competitions act 2002/2007 which I have emailed . I'll be really greatful if you could advice me with regards to that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register