Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jahnvi (abc)     07 October 2012

Need to get separated. please help urgently

Hello Sir,

I am a student. I feel cheated a lot. Can you please suggest me if what I could do.? I want to get separated from my so-called-husband who has been my husband on legal papers.

I had an relationship since 7 years. I was not 18 years of age at that time. As the time passed, our relationship became bitter due to the negligence of my partner. I constantly kept on saying for marriage. He told me that we should get married. I told him that come to my home and talk to my parents as I didn't wanted to get maried against the will of my parents. He told me that we should do court marriage and then I will come to your house and accept you socially. He kept on repeating that. I fall for his word and agreed for court marriage 2 and half year back. After marriage, his behaviour toward me worsened and he kept on cursing me for different issues and kept me neglected. I am a student so he left me at hostel. He never had a courage to keep me at his home. Even after 2 and half years of marriage we never lived together. He kept on taunting me. He kept on saying me if I will come to his house then he will beat me and always tortured me.Also, he started abusing me with abusive words and kept on charging me with false allegations. He always used to tell me that you should get married to someone else. I will not keep you. As I did this marriage without the knowledge of my family members so no one knows this.

After 2 years of facing continuous negligence and false allegations, I got frustrated from him and decided to get away from him and my heart got soured from him. When I finally told him that I want to get separated from him and give me divorce, he denied it. He told me that nobody knows that what I deed, I will tell everyone that you wanted to live away from me. when I tell him to come to my home atleast to take me, he tells me that leave your parents home and come to me. My parents and my so-called-husband live in the same town and it is very difficult to do this. Also, he keeps me torturing and alleging me with false allegations. He always used abusive languages on me. I feel very much low that when he wanted not to keep me with him, he did that and now he want to keep me with him, I can not do anything. I am alone and noone will come to my support.

Can you please help me and suggest me the right steps I should take. I want to get rid of him as soon as possible, As I am fed up of him. I tried to adjust a lot with him but all in vein. He never cares my emotion.

He also tells me that now he will keep me with him to take a revenge due to some unsaid story that he imagines is true. He also tells that he has got all the resource and money to destroy whole my life. He also tells me that he will torture me to such an extent that I will commit suicide and sometimes even I think for that.

Can anyone please suggest that how can I separate myself from this person as he married with me by promising false things. also he used all the false proofs for marriage with me and now I am feeling unsage with him and his presence makes me go in dipression.

Please help me.

Learning

6 Replies

i dont want anything from him or any alluminy. I just want to get separated from this person because he will definately take me to suicide one day. This is his statement as well, that I want you to die with me.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     07 October 2012

1. Locally hire an advocate via reference or search database of LCI and hire one and consult further the facts as in Chamber discussions.

2. Move out and live in a rented flat. Use this rented place as your address for the purposes of legal Notices.

3. File for plain vanilla Divorce case under "cruelty and desertion" grounds read with maintenance for yourself till case is on floor of the Court. Use petition writers special skills as what has been narrated are not enough evidences on floor of Court to prove mental cruelty but "desertion" can be proved as it has been more than 2 years both are not living as husband and wife. During divorce proceedings reconciliation proceedings happen under aegis of trained marriage counselors or mediators within complex of Court, there you can press for Mutual Consent Divorce which is much speedier process or make him opt for the same by reasoning out that nothing clicked in past and nothing going to click in future and no point wasting your and mine YOUTH though I initiated Divorce! if he shows lack of maturity then ask your dvocate to file an "injunction application against his re-marriage" till this case gets decided. Also file another misc. Application for "no-contact other than court procedures" till my case on floor of Court as he would love to harass you during the suit matter.

Para 2 is suggested due to your non-disclosure to your parents and what ever happened since last 7 years and continuing is between you two and it is obvious you will like your family to get involved now you are an adult person. For marriage legal age of girl should be 18 years and that of a boy 21 years. You say and I believe you were 18 years at the time of marriage. Now why did you marry and why should not have married at 18 year sis not my concern. Adult major age opposite s*x people do certain social things with their wide eyes open. Past is past and rather 7 years past has to be given legitimate burial if it is not harmonious is my approach to such facts.

You may also seek for "litigation expenses" from your husband as well as "interim maintenance" during the case and that may sustain you through no. of years to get divorce decree. Alternate route would be to approach District Courts’ "Legal Aid Center" which every District Court no-a-days have one and they come handy for pre-trial mediation to sort out the issues of couples and or even for arranging on taxpayer’s expenses provision of granting to women "almost free Legal Aid" with bare minimum fees which majority of women litigants are able to afford for in case no money to push a case is your current situation and you donot wish your parents to be burdened.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions.

Please let me know that what are the evidences that I can use to prove his deeds as now he use to say that I didnt wanted to live with him during these years due to my studies. He may had consulted someone and is resistent for accepting any of his deeds during last 2 years. 

He also says that i will sy eveyrwhere that I want to be with you and you dont want to live with me. and I will take a revenge for everything after bringing you to me. You are my property and intended to do whatever he wants.

I can not go to him anyway anymore.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     07 October 2012

1. I'm not asking you to go to him begging for your freedom. I am suggesting you to follow para 1 and take cue from para 3 quote "Use petition writers special skills" as in my very first reply above.

Raja (XYZ)     09 October 2012

suggesting in open forum is not advisable. contact someone personally.

kay blue (kayblue)     09 October 2012

send a divorce notice to him with lot of allegations and he will himself give u divorce after getting scared. one thing u should know, if u r scared of society parents, so he too. so be bold and face it for once rather then facing for whole life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register