Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

meena kumari (teacher)     19 September 2012

Maintenance of child

hello,

i am married women but i am living with my parents due tosome incidence of emotional torture by my in'laws family. it is been around 2 years I am married and this torture happened many times previously and each time I came back to my parents home and after 4-5 months someone from my in-laws family came to my home and made commitments to not repeat this thing again.

Now currently I am living with my parents and I am currently serving as govt teacher on contract basis. I am the only one who is taking care of my kid. My husband does not take any responsiblity of the kid even he does not ask about his health or well being.

I want to know how I can demand my kids maintenace from my husband as he is too have responsilbity for taking care of his kid and which govt department can help me on this and what is the procedure for this.I don't want to fight case as it is really a long procedure.

Thank you

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     19 September 2012

1. Contact in your local place OR search local directory of LCI database of lawyers and chamber discuss with one on how soon a maintenance case for child could s/he manage to file for your child.  OR if it is not personal information sharing which you may hesitate to share in open public forums then you may disclose here your city / State's name for an concerned advcoate reading your this thread post to contact you directly from LCI. That is first step.

2. As per Law of maintenance if both parents are working or earning respective income then child maintenance is co-extensive means both have to share equally child’s maintenance and court orders accordingly seeing materials placed before her.

Your child is eligible for the same to get one from natural father too.

If it helps, all the best.

1 Like

stanley (Freedom)     19 September 2012

Agreed with Mr Tajobs .....Child maintanence is co-extensive and both have to share it equally .

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     20 September 2012

To get maintenance for the child from the unwilling father is only by way of  filing court case, even though it is a long procedure and really hardship for a government teacher working on contract basis.  if you approach any NGO, women's organisations or state/national commission for women, their orders are not enforceable, so do not waste your time and money on those things.  Approach the court through competent lawyer and get the  dues for your child for which it is entitled from its father. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register