LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kamal (desig)     17 September 2012

Delaying divorce

I am 33 yrs old psu employee, got married a year back. my wife has left me for least 2 months and is staying with her parents. after a round of hot discussion with her parents for taking her back, they told that she is not willing to come with me for next 5 years. they are spreading so many false alligations/rumors about me. she is very much abusive and is neither ready to stay with me  nor is ready to give me divorce. my life will get ruined. fearing 498a i have got myself disowned by my parents, so that they may be safe as an immediate step. I dont have any plans of second marriage as i am totally fed up. should i leave her at her parents home for the rest of her life and be myself satisfied with my luck and life or plan for immediate divorce? please give me guidence as i am totally shattered by her deception. 

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     17 September 2012

1. It is too early to forecast which side camel will rest in your matrimonial story!
2. Installing fear are key to elasticizing matrimonial troubles forever in Indian men’s life. Working in PSU and imminent threat of S. 498a does not mean your job will go! If you are in jail for 48 hrs. then you should inform your superiors. Even if you donot inform and there is delay in informing superiors then you can always re-instate yourself later on even if some disciplinary departmental proceedings are instituted on this grounds by your superiors which is one. And two is that even if you are suspended you can once come out of alleged to be false charges of S. 498a can always re-instate yourself later on with all benefits. Case Laws do exists. So we fail to understand why you want to sleep/wake, eat/pray and live a life of constant fear? Option of AB is always there.
3. In my opinion there is no need to lie low for rest of your youth. Means there is no need to take shelter in nearest Lord Hanuman’s temple though daily pray before HIM but seeking shelter before HIM for marital issues forever is out of question at this point of yours brief's stated facts before us.
Disowning as per yours brief's facts means they are not supposed to take Court Notice on your name when / if it comes and it also means they have removed you from property rights as well as residence rights (stay there means). If that is what you have already done then you should not be living even with your parents (if you are still living there is what I mean). When a boy becomes adult he is at mercy of his parents to live in their house. There is no other shortcut now-a-days. However, if she launches S. 498a / 406 or DV then also she can array your parents in complaint(s) so disowning is nothing great that has happened in your mid 30's yet.
5. Launch an RCR petition via a local advocate and seek restitution of your conjugal rights. Whether it is futile or benefitial exercise we will come to that later. Via such petition Notice to her if she comes back well enough fine and somehow carry forward in matrimonial life till it becomes un-bearable to once life and limbIf she does not come back then you will experience her moods i.e. she may be coaxed to launch some sort of Court / Police complaints as per wishes of her advisery circle. There is no fool proof safety innerwear for Indian men developed other than para 7. We are amused to read about "5 years no contact" threat of your in-laws to you, tell them it is 7 years not 5 years and educate them about correct provision in Laws :-)
. Hire on retainership basis a local advocate having knowledge of family related criminal / civil Laws. They donot charge a bomb, atleast they come handy when you need them the most say at 5 AM when police is at your parents or your dharamshalas door. Retainership fees paid per month to one such local advocate by most of the young married Indian men today is “must do” act of omission / commissions remember it and include one such advocate in your marital Bio Data from today onwards. That is the clear first reply to all first timer male queriest here from us :-)

7. Face her in corridors of Court bravely being a man. If you are not able to follow this then leave this sansara and go to Himalayas and there is no other moksha available to you why get attached to sansarik vices then !. You have married her with open eyes and these things comes as part of dowry in Indian culture, instead of running face them boldly by arming yourself with legal education and mixing with fellow victims of similar fate in marriage in / around your neighborhood. Today every third Indian home has same issues as yours and society accepts the word dowry as clearly as divorce and more clearly they understand husband went to Jail term what does it mean too.

Daily read last 100 messages in Family Law + Criminal Law + Civil Law forum = make notes and mold your youth accordingly instead of showing your cries to the whole world.

A bold man shall not cry – remember that.  

2 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     17 September 2012

Excellent

:)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register