LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash S (operator)     14 September 2012

Property dispute

Sir I bought a property 6 years ago from a person and sold it to other person. Now when that person went to build a house there, it was found that there is another document for that. The promoter has sold it to two persons. Now the person who bought the property from me troubles me. what should I do now. 

Learning

2 Replies

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     14 September 2012

File a criminal complaint in police station against promoter U/S 420 IPC.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     14 September 2012

The facts are not sufficient enough for me to answer comprehensively. The Second parallel set of documents executed in favour of some other person, was it executed prior to the execution of sale deed in your favour ? If it was so executed and registered before that, then in that case those documents would prevail over yours. Since the subsequentupurchuaser had a contract only with you, you had to ensure that you pass a good title, if you dont you can be held liable but not criminally. It would be in your best interests to ascertain teh facts correctly - and then initiate action against promoter to save yourself and establish your bona fides. 

Adv. Bharat Chugh

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register