Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASHOK (trainer)     10 September 2012

Delay by buider

Dear Forum Members

I will appreciate if you guide me  what should be done if a builder/coloniser who had promised on agreement to construct a flat and handover within 18/24 months, but three years have gone by and still they say would take another 6 months or so for registry /possession of the flat. the full loan amount has been disbursed by SBI  direct to the Coloniser. the full cost of the flat Rs 20 Lakhs has been paid. I am paying interest for the sam as well as rent for my house where I am living.The Bank is asking me to submit  to them title sale deed.I ahve given letter to the coloniser to this effect also but no reply received so far.

Kindly advise.

Learning

4 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     10 September 2012

FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST THE BUILDER IN THE CONSUMER FORUM.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     10 September 2012

You can file a complaint against the builder for deficiency of service and seek compensation in addition to ready possession of the flat. Ther eis a lot of variance in what builders promise and what they actually perform. Consumer Courts have been coming down very heavily upon Builders. If the total value of subject matter i.e your flat + compenstion sought is less more than 20 lacs - State Forum would entertain your complaint.

Adv. Bharat Chugh

*Law for the Layman - www.bharatchugh.wordpress.com

1 Like

ASHOK (trainer)     18 September 2012

Dear Advocate Mr Bharat Chgh

I greatly appreciate your replies  which are highly enlightening and very practical and focus on law points always .  I am really benefitted by this reply. Hats off to you for your guidance in all legal matters to all !

ASHOK (trainer)     18 September 2012

THANKS SIR

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register