LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Terence Ruban (na)     06 September 2012

Bigamy or other offense

Live in relationship and having a child will come under bigamy act? I had a live in relationship with a girl and we had intention to marry after sometime. In between, I met a girl in office who fell in love with me and I was kind of attracted to her. At one point of time, I told the second girl that I already have s*xual contacts with another women(I never had any s*xual contact with the second girl). The second girl said that she can't live without me and demanded to marry her. I told this to the first girl and we three had a long discussions regarding that and finally we planned that I should marry the second girl so that my job will not be lost and continue to have live in relationship with first girl and we three should live in a same house. . Once the register marriage is over, she started acting against our agreement and she threatened me that I should not have any contact with the first girl. I had to leave the first girl because of the threaten by second girl as she said she will file police case against me. . After 6 months of marrying second girl, I once called first girl and understood that she is 7 months pregnant and she is carrying my child. Then I had to fight with the second girl and somehow managed to stay with the first girl during her delivery with the consent of second girl. . Then I rented a house for the first girl during delivery and I got introduced to the neighbors as her husband and I was only providing maintenance to the first girl. Visiting weekly once for some hours to spend time with child and providing meager money for expenses. . Second girl didn't even permit for this and we always had fight regarding this. I couldn't leave the first girl at any cause as she is mother of my child. . Now the second girl with whom I got married under special marriage act has filled a compliant against me under bigamy and cheating. She said in the compliant that she was unaware of the relationship with the first girl and she came to know about it recently. . Now there is a FIR against me in the police station. I never legally married the first. But the second girl has got the birth certificate of my child where it mentions myself as father and first girl as mother. . Please provide legal opinion that what will happen to me now? I am an Indian.

At present I lost my job since there is a FIR in my name, I was working in a private company and they suspended me becacuse of FIR..

Second girl is demanding 15 lakhs money from me or she will sue me in the court. Please advice me

Learning

15 Replies

Surbhi Upadhaya (Independent Practice)     06 September 2012

You are liable to prosecution for bigamy.

Terence Ruban (na)     06 September 2012

hi, Please note I have not legally married the first girl. Will it come under bigamy?

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     06 September 2012

bigamy - 494 + 495, adultry 497, 417, 420.

if second girl is ready to compound the cases, accept her offer.

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     06 September 2012

Dear Ruben

Sec-494, 417 & 420 may be attracted but 497 shall not be attracted, subject to advancement of prosecution of case. Better consult with a local lawyer who will lead in this matter in proper way. Mere online advice will not enough for you at the present time.

tarun (software engineer)     06 September 2012

Dear Friend,

I can give you the best solution just give me a tinkle at

Ph no: 9873628941

Adv.choudhury

Choudhury's Law office

Ph no: 9873628941

Email: tapsash@legalserviceindia.com

stanley (Freedom)     06 September 2012

if you have not married the first girl than it amounts to rape section 375 of IPC

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     06 September 2012

I strongly condemn your actions and my legal advice shall not be construed my approval to your actions. 

Now my legal advice is as follows:

If the first girl is not married to any one else before you have your physical relationship, then you need not worry.  Your case does not fall within the arena of bigamy.  Your  wife has no criminal law relief for your physical relationship with the first lady.  It is neither bigamy nor adultery defined in criminal law. But your relationship with the first lady will entitled the second lady to seek annulment of marriage or divorce from you coupled with maintenance on the ground of cruelty as well as adultery (which is different to adultery described in iPC).  In addition to this, if the second lady thinks and feels any mental harassment has been caused due to your proximity with the first lady, she may file Section 498-A case, DV case etc.  But those cases will not stand longer. Your employer has done a wrong thing.  Mere rigistering FIR against employee does not entitle the employer to terminate the services of the employee. First go through the FIR with a competent advocate and see there is any scope to get it quashed.  If not, contest the FIR on its own merits and at the same time contest the employer's action of your termination in appropriate court of law.  Once you will be exonerated from criminal case, you will be entitled to reinstatement.

I humbly say that I will not be available for further advice on this issue.  

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 September 2012

1. I 99% agree to Lord Chandu's sound advice on this query. I disagree only 1% on private job reinstatement advise as once this queriest comes out from all these charges reinstating in same private company he should not opt for instead should right now look for change in job.

2. I 100% disagree to all other repliers replies on this query except Lord Chandu's.
Reasoning:
Everyone took plain vanilla meaning of Bigamy ? Rape ? Adultry ? no once except Lord Chandu understood "ingredients to attract either bigamy / adultry / rape / cheating / fraud" are there or not in this query and rest everyone summarily legally raped this queriest by placing their bald replies except Lord Chandu.

3 Like

vijayananthan (advocate)     06 September 2012

get legal advice call vijay anand advocate high court madras. 9442223366. vijayananthan_advocate@yahoo.co.in i will give u a good advice...

stanley (Freedom)     06 September 2012

I like the spicey flavour Uncle Tajobs adds  to these  posts " we legally raped the queriest "

Originally posted by : stanley

I like the spicey flavour Uncle Tajobs adds  to these  posts "we legally raped the queriest "

Because "Skin of Married Men - Legally Tasty"
Reasoning:
One super duper ld. brother innocently wants to give email consultation and another super duper ld. sister wants to provide chamber discussion by leading / referring queriest brief to another ld. brother in HC of Madras that also picking querry from in a
FREE CONSULTATION LEGAL PORTAL website which colly. reminds me of college days Height of innocence paradigm.

See now how legally tasty (oops spicy)
a poor married men's skin is becoming day by day .......... ;)

Ranee....... (NA)     06 September 2012

strange people! 

strange agreement !!

poor man!!poor second girl!

In between, I met a girl in office who fell in love with me and I was kind of attracted to her.

and purely innocent first girl!!

Originally posted by : Ranee.......
  strange people! 

strange agreement !!

poor man!!poor second girl!

In between, I met a girl in office who fell in love with me and I was kind of attracted to her.

and purely innocent first girl!!

Rejoinder:-

Strange, how come?

Remember man is always monogamous whereas a woman is mostly switch in real social context scenarios. Hence, such agreements of nature are bound to evolve as and when too many options found lying around for a monogamous alfa male in judicial jungle
J.

Take a cue from Discovery Channel’s Lion Safaris educative social programs in case of disagreement to above rejoinder
J

(Guest)

Remember man is always monogamous whereas a woman is mostly switch in real social context scenarios. Hence, such agreements of nature are bound to evolve as and when too many options found lying around for a monogamous alfa male in judicial jungle J.

how a monogamous male is bound to make such agreements with two females?Tajobsindia are you okay?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register