Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Office not issuing noc for attending interview--please help

Hello,

I am currenly working as Group C employee(IT field) in Department of Posts,India.Last year(June 2011) the Department had organised a training in Germany and I had been selected for it.There had been no precondition attached to the offer of the training,so I went there and completed it.

This year (March 2012) I applied for the post of Administritive Officer at National Insurance Company. I applied online as that was the only method for applying and submitted a prayer at my office to issue me the NOC.They neigher issued the NOC nor rejected my prayer.So I went ahead and sat in the exam.I cleared it and was called for the interview.I submitted another application requesting for the NOC as it is needed during the interview but I have been told(verbally) that NOC can not be issued because of the said training.

I want to know if it within the rights of my office to deny me a better opportunity in such a way? If not,then how can I get the required NOC?

Please help me --i've got the interview on 17th September 2012 and I'm running out of time.

Learning

8 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     31 August 2012

no any company or office can not deny or create hurdle in opportunity of geting a better job for his employe. there are few supreme court judgements regarding this .send your application for NOC through registered post so that in future if there arose legal liability to company to give answer regarding this or compensate you for there negligence you can make proof that you had aplied for noc,you had not mentioned the full detail of the company or what kind of company is that is it private sector? in which field?is it govt? what is your post etc .consult some service matter lawyer of your area for best advise.

1 Like

(Guest)

Thank you for advise,sir. I have submitted my applications both times and kept a copy as acknowledgement of receipt,However I will again send a copy through registered post as you prescribed.

Regarding details of my employment:

Present Job:

1. Present Post: Sorting Assistant with Department of Posts,Government of India. (working as: System Assistant ,IT related work with no special grade pay or allowance or any other monetary benefit.)
  2. Joining:December 2006.
  3. Pay:Pay band 5200-20200,grade pay:2400 current basic pay:11510/-
  4. Training : In June 2011, supervisor training in Germany  by SIEMENS A.G  for 15 days on Automatic Mail Processing System machine. No bond or precondition set before training about being unable to apply for and join any other job.

Interview for:

1. Post of Administritive Officer at National Insurance Company Limited,Government of India undertaking.
  2. Pay scale in the new job:basic pay:17240/-

What should I do with only just over 2 weeks left to me? Please guide.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     01 September 2012

hi debajyoti,

first thanks for the call for interview as adminstrative officer

it is must to join in new organisaton and wihtout noc i think it will be oliggatory for you that new employer will make hurdles.  so, go ahead and speak to the higher authorities before that complete all the work pending, why because tommorrow they can say that the work is pending and u cannot leave for certian period or else assign the work to urto colleagues

this is a sensititve issue and try with confidence first agree than u will be able to go as u said there is no bond and government office usually provide noc without any hurdles

kmahesh

1 Like

(Guest)
@k.mahesh

So it seems the only means left to me is using pursuation.Please guide me about the following
  1. Is issuing a NOC entirely a prerogative of the employer-i.e,the appropriate authority in Department of Posts in my case?
  2. If the Department does not grant me the NOC and as a result I fail to appear at the interview-can I sue the Department for causing harm to me careerwise and financially?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 September 2012

They seem to have no other reason for denial of NOC except the said training for which ther ewa sno bond.  However when you litigate you they will invent a libi that you have not applied through proper channel.

Better meant higher officials.

1 Like

(Guest)

Hello all., at last there is some good news. Yes, pursuation has paid off.I've got the NOC for attending the interview.

Thanks to all of you for your good advices.

POONAM (POSTAL ASSTT.)     18 December 2013

HELLO SIR

I HAVE BEEN SHORTLISTED FOR THE INTERVIEW FOR THE POST OF A BANK PO. AT PRESENT I M WORKING IN DEPTT. OF POSTS AT A CLERICAL POSTS.I HAD INTIMATED MY DEPTT. REGARDING APPEARING IN THE WRITTEN EXAM OF BANK PO , WHICH NOW I HAVE CLEARED. THE DEPTT. IS NOT ISSUING ME NOC TO APPEAR I  THE INTERVIEW. KINDLY TELL ME THE  RULING IN THIS REGARD

POONAM (POSTAL ASSTT.)     19 December 2013

Hello Sir,

kindly guide me if the deptt.(Postal deptt.) can refuse to issue me the NOC for appearing in the interview of BANK PO, I have already posted my case to u tommorow. I  have intimated the deptt. of Posts. for appearing in the written exam of bank PO which I have cleared now. I have asked my deptt. to issue me NOC (which is mandatory) for appearing in the interview , but deptt . has refused me verbally to issue it. Kindly let me know the ruling or the judgement of the court in this regard. My interview is on 27-12-2013 and I have very little time left.......So plz... guide me

THANX

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register