Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (SWE)     17 August 2012

Fir registered under sections 417,420 and 506.please help.

Hello,

I had to break my engagement recently due to my personal reasons.First the girl's father asked a compensation of 15 lakhs and inturn we told we can give a maximum of 9 lakhs.He is not convinced with that amount.Now he has registered a case under sections 417,420 & 506.Now my query is

1.Can we get anticipatory bail in this case ?

2.How many years the case may proceed ?

3.How mauch compensation the court may ask us to pay or is there any possibility of Imprisonment also?

4.Will the court ask the girl also to attend the court or me alone?

We have not taken any dowry and they are threatening us that they will tell that we have cancelled the marriage becuse of dowry only.PLEASE ANSWER........

Learning

7 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     17 August 2012

1. If you say you have not taken dowry then why agree to even pay 9 L? Engagement ceremony does not cost 15 L? Moreover engagement and or marriage expenses spent by bride’s side are not to be returned are case laws.
2. Face the case if and ever if it gets filed.
3. Why do you want your ex would be to see in Court? She will be represented by State so prove your facts one way or other and get over with "false" case as you say it is "false".
4. Hire a seasoned criminal law practicing Advocate.

5. Do search on Goggle about Nisha Sharma false dowry case and same citing were even put here in LCI in recent past read them and you will build knowledge about “false” cases of similar nature.

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     17 August 2012

If you say you have not taken dowry then why agree to even pay 9 L? 

1 Like

(Guest)

Ranee , the whole extortion racket of 498a is based on the fear of getting harassed by police and uncertainity of future. This often leaves no option for the boy and his family but to accept the idiotic demands  of greedy b*tches . 

you will understand it when your own son and others of your family will be blackmailed by a cheap bahu .....  and Rajesh be bold to screw them hard ... make it clear to the b*tch that you are not going to pay even a single penny to her and you are not afraid of anything .......and things will be fine after a while .

good luck !!

1 Like

stanley (Freedom)     20 August 2012

First you have to remove the fear from within yourself with the no of questions you have asked and face the case . 

As and when the case starts and proceeds you will get used to it . 

1. Court fear would go out of you .

2. Police fear too would go .

3. How many years the case would run ?? i dont think so anybody could predict and be prepared for date after dates  ?? since the courts are flooded with similar false cases ??

3. if you have not taken any dowry than why fear about the same . She would have to prove the same if she has given anything .

Last but not the least please do not pay any money for a compromise as you say you have done nothing and in case you have excess money as you say 9 lacs please donate it to some orphanage or a home for the aged and you would receive their blessings :-)

1 Like

Rajesh (SWE)     21 August 2012

Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

Thank you for your answer.Can you please tell me what does these sections mean.

After i got engaged i got a message to my mobile stating that she is his girl friend and she is a cheater.I asked the same to the girl and she told that it is totally false.As the message has been sent from the free message delivery system i could not trace him.later he asked me to enquire about the girls father and i found some nasty things about him .He has spoiled the life of one innocent lady and she committed suicide .I asked the same to the girl for which she told it is all a cooked up story and warned me for asking so many questions.

What ever the reasons may be i dont have proofs for that and the only thing i have is the messages that i recieved.The amount we have agreed to pay them is only to avoid some bad propaganda about our family.But those people are greedy and dragging us to court.

Can you suggest me what can i do now?

RAJESH

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     21 August 2012

Originally posted by : Rajesh
  Now my query is

1.Can we get anticipatory bail in this case ?
Take: Yes.

2.How many years the case may proceed ?
Take: Shelf life could be anywhere around 2-3 years.

3.How mauch compensation the court may ask us to pay or is there any possibility of Imprisonment also?
Take: For breaking enggagement there is No Court precedent till date hence you may create one by paying !. If her side is able to prove their case then as per IPC sections punishment is 3 - 7 years.

4.Will the court ask the girl also to attend the court or me alone?
Take: Girl side is represented by state's APP.

1. Being S/W Engr. you can very well Google to know what these Sections of IPC means?
2. There are two ways to contest IPC; Spoon feeding with which 9 L may become 15 L at the end of negotiation and / or Self help by hiring one of the best Advocate practicing in Criminal Laws locally and paying that Advocate less than 9 L and teach girl / her side a lesson as Munish Dayal did in similar case of Nisha Sharma vs. Munish Dayal and Anr. i.e. marriage cheating case where he broke engagement and Nisha Sharma tried her best to teach him a lesson by filing same IPC Sections + S. 498a IPC and later on she lost all cases.   
3. Search LCI or Internet on Munish Dayal / Nisha Sharma case laws where Munish Dayal and his family was charged not only with same Sections of IPC as you are quoting before us but with S. 498a IPC too and he and his family was acquitted from all these charges and who are stopping you to self educate yourself on how to contest “false” cases?. No Lawyer can give you readymade relief on internet forums other than probably a Lawyer telling you to negotiate above 9 L and come close to 15 L expected figure – end of this query
J

4. Regarding her past and or her father’s past as reasons for breaking engagement / marriage could be very well argued by an Advocate who knows well ins/out of Criminal Law and he may cost you under 9 L provided you / your side want to give into extortion racket of metro woman or want to contest “false” case
J

5. Regarding “I am paying 9 L to save myself / family from false propaganda….…” etc. quote of yours then why stop at 9 L pay 15 L and get over with it! Afterall any S/w engineer who can afford 9 L can very well afford 15 L too is my view
J
On same breadth tomorrow your mother is kidnapped and an ransom of 10 L is asked so on same lines you will submit before us “I don’t want my mother to be fallen into propaganda so kindly guide me how to settle for 7 L he he “

I cannot help you much further as I donot help queriest who favor “extortion rackets of metro women’s”.

Ranee....... (NA)     21 August 2012

Gunjan, if somebody claims money from you and if you have not taken money from him earliar, would you give such a huge amount just to avoide a false case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register