Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Property Registry

Hi All,

I am very ordinary person and belonging from a mediocre family. Last month I have purchased a builder floor at Mahavir Enclave in Delhi.

At the time of registration we have filled all the personal details along with the Cheque/ draft details. Please refer the details as follow.

Date of Registry: 12 May 2009

Registry Amount: 18 Lakh

Bank Loan: 16 Lakhs (Through Bank DD)

Personal Cheques : 2 Lakh dated 12 May 2009

After successfully executing the registry process, next day my broker is telling bank is asking for the proof that the token money details at the time of booking the property that is why he needs to change the registry document unless it would be void.

When I received the Xerox copy of the registry paper (since the original documents are taken by the bank) where the cheque date was mentioned as 12 April 2009, instead of 12 May 2009.

I am now bit confused with these type of changes. Is it a valid registry? Could I face any problem due these changes, in future? Please help.

Thanks

Arijit

Learning

3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     04 June 2009

Dear Arijit,

I presume the cheque of 2 lakhs is honoured, as far as it seems that until the cheque numbers are not changed it is not an issue. A stand can be taken that the dates were typed erroreneously. It is not a big problem from what I notice. The dates must have been changed since the banker is not supposed to release the loan without the share of the purchaser being paid as token/advance amount since there could be an audit objection to the banker.

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks Vishal,

Your answer has helped me a lot to control my panic.

Thanks a bunch once again.

Regards
Arijit

(Guest)
Hi Sir, In addition to the above mentioned query, are there any possibilities where the external (broker or builder) people can tamper or change the date in the court copy through some bribe to the court people without my concern? Thanks Arijit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register