LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suman Chakraborty (Law Officer)     27 July 2012

Threat to kill

on 24 th july'2012 at 11.25pm some known & unknown individuals attacted my house with arms.They entered my house and used sl*g languages to my parents.They also threatened to kill my father.We reported to police in the form of general diary.Now police started the case u/s 107 CRPC. Can you please suggest what sections are applicabe in this very case?How we proceed if  we want to include other IPC sections and arms act section?

Learning

2 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     29 July 2012

Yes rightly advised by Adv. Ashish Devessar

Also ensure that police report for Section 107 CrPC is in your favor, so that magistrate can issue favorable orders and legally bind them down with bond for maintaining peace.

In future remember that there is something called Right of Private Defense(from Section 96 to 106 IPC) under Indian Penal Code, where you can enforce the law of Private Defense. Keep all your family members including yourself fully armed to meet any eventuality. Police etc. is no substitute to self defense. Rarely does ever police come and stop a crime in progress. Mostly they come after the crime is over and do the job of investigations etc.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register