Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pereira (Marketing Manager)     26 July 2012

Not able to take a decision

Dear Readers,

I am a 37 yrs old male residing in Kerala. I am married for the last 8 years.
We have a girl who is 6 yrs now.

After our marriage first 3 years we were abroad. I came back to India for good around 5 years back due to financial problems in India, my father expired during that time and I had to sell our family house (owned by my parents) to settle the debts. During the process of finding the buyer and heavy pressure from the people my parents owe money, I decided to move my wife and our girl to wife's residence temporarily.

After we sold our house, my wife was living at her place and myself and my mother moved to a rented house. My wife used to visit this house once in a blue moon just for the sake of it. I was ok with it as my mother get a chance to see her grand daughter. I used to go to her house and stay for 1-2 days every week.

I was jobless since the time I came back to India and I was not able to support my wife or child. I got a small job only 6 months back.

My wife's family is financialy sound and I was not worried about me not supporting them (I know it is a mistake of mine, but I was helpless). Slowly slowly she started to keep a distance with me and we used to quarrel a lot (not physical fights). When I was wealthy and had a nice job abroad she wanted me, now when I am zero she wanted to be away from me. She found a job and started working for a very small salary. This is around 3.5 years back. Even then I used to visit her house to see my daughter, but my wife never talked to me even once. Only harasses me to get out of the house etc....

My senior friends and relatives got involved in this issue and tried to settle the issues thru her relatives. But my wife and her mother was very adamant for a settlement. We have struggled so much to get things back but of no use.

Two weeks back one of my senior friends wife called her up and my wife started talking in a good manner. My wife's friend told her she wanted to meet and she agreed. But my did not show up as agreed. That night my wife called my friends wife and told lots of things why she kept me away for her ect. ect.

As my friends and relatvies advised me to call my wife, I called her and first she was not ready to talk. I only told her that I want to meet her once privately and to talk out the issues we have. First she was very reluctant and after my begging she agreed to meet the next day after work. The next day I called her after work and she said she's rushing home so we will meet tomorrow. She was so pleasant and I was so happy and very confident that the problems are getting over and we are going to be together.

The next day evening I called her more than 100 times and she did not answer my call. After that I my totally down, not able to speak to people, work, cannot drive.

Some of my friends are advising me to wait and give her some more time. Some are advising to go ahead and file for a divorce immediately.

I know there are many faults from side too. I am ready to accept any condition my wife proposes to get her and my child back.

I don't know what to do now or how to handle myself or my problem. PLEASE HELP.

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     26 July 2012

1. Wait + have more patience.
2. Hurriedly filing divorce is not solution to blow hot - blow cold brief that you have put before us.
3. Keep trying more with positive frame of mind. Atleast thank her (occasionally) that every week you are given chance to meet your child howsoever brief - long that moment is.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register