LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satish p (operator)     20 July 2012

Guidence required

My father purchased one room kitchen flat on rental basis in 1952 & it was converted on ownership in the year 1981 free of cost by the developer.In the same year my father made a will on Rs.5/-stamp paper because in those days to make a will registered was not there.He mentioned in the will that after his death it should be transfered in my mother's name & subsequently after her death it should be in my name.In those days he made nomination of same type.He expired in 1995 & the flat was transfered in my mother's name by society.My question is that i am having one brother and sister & my mother is not having good relation with them eventhough i have very good relation with them.I want to know that after the death of my mother whether i will be single owner of this property.In the nomination form also my mother has mentioned my name as 100% owner after her death.Pl.guide me in this matter taking into consideration disposing this property in future or transfering in my elder daughter's name without  any type of unforeseen problems may be created by my brother & sister

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     20 July 2012

If it was the self acquired property of the father - he could validly dispose it off by will and you become the exclusive owner after your mother's demise. Your siblings have no stake in the property. 

1 Like

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     20 July 2012

If it was the self acquired property of the father - he could validly dispose it off by will and you become the exclusive owner after your mother's demise. Your siblings have no stake in the property. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register