LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Labeeb (ade)     18 July 2012

Personal loan defaulter, will embassy interfere in this i

I am Labeeb Azhar from Saudi Arabia.  I had taken loan of Rs.40000/- from ICICI bank bangalore in Nov 2006 and intially had paid some emi's.  after some moths i had lost that job and i am unable to pay the loan emi till now.  Now i am in saudi arabia and they some how got my mobile number and called me from Delhi court, and the person called me told that a arrest warrant has been issued against me and they are forwarding the case to embassy.  i have even got couple of mail from icici bank that my outstanding is 1 lakh 45 thousand and have to clear it.  i am not in a state to clear the loan.  Can u please advice me how to proceed and what action will be taken against me if i dont clear the loan as of now.  I want to clear the loan, but i dont have so much money to clear it.  please help me on this"

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 July 2012

There are many threads at LCI alone where the querists have pointed out telecallers from/on behalf of telecom companies, CC companies, banks etc claim that they are from Delhi Court and arrest warrant has been issued.

It appears a typed scriptt is circulated to all telecallers which they mug up and vomit.

The person who make phone calls to you and claim that he/she is a lawyer or from court are recovery agents and their claim of arrest warrant etc is a hoax and is aimed to terrorize the citizen to an extent that citizen come running to them and they take their cut from payment. Banks are known to offer huge incentives world over and if a bad loan is sold out the recovery agency makes a huge profit.

Yours is a civil liability. You may approach a competent and experienced lawyer and tell him the amount you can pay, and go for OTS. Your lawyer would know how to deal with bank and its recovery agencies. In all probabilities bank shall agree.

Or you may find some competent, seasoned and experienced well wisher who can negotiate on your behalf with the bank. Kindly note that OTS shall be reflected in your credit history and it  is taken as adverse comment by bankers, NBFC etc and it may affect your credibility for grant of loan in future. While you negotiate obtain it in writing that bank shall clean your credit history with credit bureaus and OTS shall not affect your credit score adversely. Otherwise bank may demand another amount later if you want to repair your credit score.

You have taken good money of the bank and should ideally pay the entire principle amount and interest. Bank has come forward to grant you loan when you needed funds.

One should not fall for loan if one doesn’t have capacity to repay.

1 Like

Labeeb (ade)     18 July 2012

Mr. Kumar Doab, Thanks for reply and explanation on how to proceed.  I want to know can the bank contact immigration department and deport me from ksa or my job or anything like that ? 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 July 2012

Deport You? In all probabbilities-No.

You may seek advice from a lawyer expert in such matters.

1 Like

(Guest)

Dear Labeeb,

Only examination of the email contents received by you from ICICI bank can help you with proper analysis and suggestion of solution for the problem. It is not understood, how you considered that somebody called you only from Delhi court? If you are able to get the details of the telecaller from the mobile phone company, whom you consider to have called you from Delhi court, that would help you to get the identity of the caller. May be that some agent be calling you on the pretence of calling from Delhi court. just to earn hefty commission in the case. If the person was really from bank, the problem would of course be serious.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2012

Learned Mr. Dhingra has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

Next time someone calls you, record the call, ask pointed questions e.g. name ( first, middle, last) designation, address, and that where can you meet him/her in Delhi. At that moment person may feel that you are subdued and shall run to meet him/her and pay the amount quoted by him/her and probably shall release true identity i.e. he/she is from bank/on behalf of bank/collection agency/recovery agency/lawyer/law firm etc. Cajole him/her to let you speak to his boss/owner/In charge and obtain the mobile phone numbers, and name and address. mobile number of the BM of the bank who may be contacted by you etc. These guys are habitual offenders and resort to abuse, threat, coercion. If you succeed in extracting the details you and your lawyer shall have a good reason to complain for impersonation as court employee or police, threat, gundgardi etc.

2 Like

SI (ss)     10 December 2012

hi Labeeb Azhar,

Can you please tell me your problem is solved..Please explain to me if you can, I am also having in a sitaution like same you were..I got call from delhi cpurt and saying that they will cancel my visa an all..

Please help meto explain your experience ..

Thanks

my mail id is s_idikula@yahoo.com

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 December 2012

Many recovery agents call posing as copes and generally private person do not understand that how long is the channle for a Govt official to contact foreign govt in his official capacity.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 December 2012

other thread at https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Loan-default-71376.asp#.UMw1iayRL09

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register