LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sriram.... (Officer)     16 July 2012

Falsee complaint for forgery of cheque

My wife and i were in a relationship for 6 years before marriage. She had signed 2 cheques just before our marriage for the purpose of honeymoon expenses. Later after 3 months of marriage she is having a problem with me and she is alleging forgery of cheques by me which is completely false. What is the remedy for me? Kindly post your replies.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     16 July 2012

You can easily negative that by proving her handwriting. Infact 498a/406 is what you should be worried about more, than the forgery charge. 

Read : https://bharatchugh.wordpress.com/2012/07/07/how-to-fight-a-false-498a-case-in-india-a-step-by-step-legal-strategy/

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     17 July 2012

I agree to brother Ashish on this query.

Moreover the bearer signature at the back of cheque can be called for under witness (Bank) as evidence if and only if any forgery case she files on this cause of action.

I partially agree to brother Bharat as the bedroom talks hints of possible larger family law sections usage by her than probably just a frivolous 'forgery' case if that is what these situations may lead to.

Well one never can guess now-a-days what would be twist and turn of a Camel.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[Maybe offer her daily two tea spoons of Brahmi for her honeymoon memory loss in the meantime ..........]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register