Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can husband increase number of accused in 498a?

In 498a case can I add my maternal uncles,maternal aunties,first cousin.first cousin's wife.

Will IO add those name and in place of saying that I asked for x amount and I say no I asked for 100x.

If they said you have beaten her and I yes and my relative also beaten her then will my all relative see heaven in jail?

Learning

8 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     08 July 2012

Why do you want to harrass your own relatives??? Do you want to settle some scores with them? But it won't work any good for you either as you yourself are accepting your role in the crime.

1 Like

(Guest)

Those people only suggested that intelligent girl for me.

They might have suggested the girl to you in good faith. And in any case who knows what would happen after marriage? Who can say how the girl or the boy will behave with each other after marriage? How could they have predicted it? Did they do anything intentionally just to wrong you? At this stage most of all, you need the support of your own people to tackle the situation and come out of it and not to antagoinse all of them and remain all alone battling with the cases.

1 Like

(Guest)

She is my  cousin's wife relative. And that lady ( my cousin's wife) and my maternal family will  be knowing their family history.

How many 498a cases have been filed in the girl's family? She is your Cousin's wife's relative, so did your cousin's wife have filed any 498a case upon your cousin? Do not unnecessarily jump onto wrong conclusions and take up any wrong step for which you will have to repent afterwards. On the contrary take all the relatives (yours as well as those common to both of you) on your side, so that they all will stand firmly behind you which may help you for your case also.

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks for your valuable replies Archana ji.

Shishir (Manager - Business MIS)     09 July 2012

Completely agree with Archana. Very good suggestion.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 July 2012

One person got a wish that what he prays to god his neighbour will get double so he praye3d that he should be blind of one eye.

This man does not mind confessing the crime to take chance if some of his relatives can also be in jail. Their going to jail is a chance his going is certainity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register