LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 July 2012

Lci portal site recent changes

Appreciation read with minor whimpy comments:- About the new feature added recently by LCI on yours truely portal site

1. "Modify text" in Forum thread post feature

Pros.: Good feature and was long overdue.

Cons: Mischief - a replier can first post whatever s/he wants and seeing the response may edit / modify later and generic reader will get confused "on mischief element" unless a "subsequent replier" who sees mischief and does not "quote earlier repliers rpely' to see what mischief element got "modified" J

Suggested remedy: "Time out value" add in back end i.e. the modify feature of a forum thread post should expire in 24 or 48 Hrs. whichever the Management (especially Mods.) decide to override 'mischief" Rule nisi by few writers. International standards is 'foreever" means you cannnot put a timeout value as inernet cannot be regulated moresoever a replier's reply cannot me moderated except deletion is the controversial norm J  

2. Layout of "HTML editor / Notepad"

Pros: Same as before except frame placement.

Cons: Preferred the old one as it was crisp / smaller. The recent layout still can go under scanner changedsto make it crisper.

However above two observations besides the point, the recent default messages – “Site Under Maintenance" was worth suffering for few days J 

3. "SITE STRAM" ?

Suggest to highlight (display) SITE STRAM once again placing the same say at left bottom corner and or rotating it with current LCI pro / social media ads. on right bottom corner or re-introduce it as footer link. It was my main staple few dozen months back to "stream" whole portal and hit the thread which interests me; which I miss and probably some others may also miss it.

4. HOWEVER, one area which desires immediate attention by coders are BROWSER COMPATIBILITYThe ASP site especially “Attach File” does not show in Firefox !

Pros.: Once done kindly display standard line "Best viewed in Mozilla, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 6.0" at Footer. IE6.0 is International standard not IE 8.0 or later for developers PoV hope your coders atleast agree to this chintu sa comment J 

5. The links displays at Footer FONT needs minor tweaking as it is too BOLD

6. https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/activeusers_stats.asp

The "PAGE TITLE" displayed in this module can be made more lively by "HYPERLINK" it !

Pros: A visitor has just to click the interesting "Page Title" Link and straight away go to desired thread post page and do what interest shim. "Stickyness" of each webapge is still retained if stats are watched by someone at backend! I mean that is how you are populating "Most Popular" webpage if I am not mistakign your coding secret J 

Cons.: Right now a visitor after noticing Page Title that interests him has to go to particular forum (one step) and then search from forum posts (second step) the page Title that earlier interested him (the page title may get lost in such eloborate transicions) and then click the Title Post (third step) You see in ASP site the user movability should be in two steps which is International Standards to make PAGE TITLES "sticky".

Second Con. is that a visitor faces is either he rolls over Mouse on PAGE TITLE (first step) in this module and then Pastes it in top right SEARCH BOX (second step) and streams through search result thus displayed (third step) and THEN IF LUCKY FINDS PAGE TITLE (the page title may get lost in such eloborate transicions

7. "Thank You" feature; added

Pros.:
it hots up professional replies among repliers. Appreciate that.

Cons.: writers with eye on IInd. IPod (as most thanked member) dont now want to leave ;)

Thank you LCI for such uniqueness which only LCI brings to us compared to its so called competition..............

A special THUMPS UP TO Sh. Prakash + Mr. Jain and the LCI backend TEAM; well well sometime back I wanted to leave LCI but you are making atleast me STICKY ;).

PS.: I'm still exploring (testing) your recent alibi "THE SITE IS UNDER MAINTENANCE" and may "MODIFY my this post under given "MISCHIEF RULE" well I know your good office cannot do anything about it - too late

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Thank you LCI for such uniqueness which only LCI brings to us compared to its so called competition..............

A special THUMPS UP TO Sh. Prakash + Mr. Jain and the LCI backend TEAM; well well sometime back I wanted to leave LCI but you are making atleast me STICKY .

PS.: I'm still exploring (testing) your recent alibi "THE SITE IS UNDER MAINTENANCE" and may "MODIFY my this post under given "MISCHIEF RULE" well I know your good office cannot do anything about it - too late

Hmmm.......

tajobs now you buttering AKA chamchagiri of admin so that they see the diamond in you and never delete your gandi gandi baato wale posts;) :P

well sometime back I wanted to leave LCI but you are making atleast me STICKY ;).

no one makes you stick at LCI.you always come back after your gandi-gandi baate are deleted by admin.even now the post in "digital rape" was removed.:D.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register