Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ananymous. (software engineer)     30 June 2012

Eligibility for the maintenance

Hi,

I am working as a sofware engineer in a private firm and earning around 40000 per month and my husband is also working as a sofware engineer in a private sector and earning around 90000 per month. we have some disputes and not staying together, if i apply for the divorce will i be eligible to receive maintenance from my husband? because i am also working and earning for my survival will the court consider my claim for the maintenance? 

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     30 June 2012

@ Queriest,

No. A working wife is not required to be paid maintenance under public policies maintenance Laws..

1 Like

satya (Manager)     30 June 2012

why you want maintenance from your husaband when u have sufficient resources for your livelihood.

Aftab4u (PVT EMPLOYEE)     30 June 2012

Too much education spoils the MIND.....Earlier days where gud when the parents of the girls used to marry in the early ages...no excess thinking no 498, No maintenance....life was coooooooooool

(Guest)

I wonder whether women empowerment is really empowering them when I see well-educated girls from good families pretending to be abla naris and praying for monthly kharcha pani.

India is shining.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register