LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SekharNSKM (Exe)     28 June 2012

Rent recovery and eviction

I have inducted tenant in my flat in Delhi in 2008 on oral lease of 11 months @ Rs.3400/- per month. Tenant paid rent for a year and stopped paying rent henceforth.  Now I hv filed eviction petition for rent recovery.  Taking advantage of oral lease, he claims rent as Rs.1600/- per month before the court.  How can I prove rent was Rs.3,400/- per month as it was on oral lease and hv not issued receipts for an year. Pls. advise? sekhar

Learning

7 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     28 June 2012

Prove the rents prevailing in the said locality  by way of producing registered lease deeds, if any, with respect to the properties in that locality.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     28 June 2012

1. Your premises is covered by the Delhi Rent Control Act, and tenant is a protected tenant, though he can be evicted on ground of non payment of Rent. 

2. Evidence can be led of comparable premises in teh vicinty, and on that basis rent can be governed. 

1 Like

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     28 June 2012

1. Your premises is covered by the Delhi Rent Control Act, and tenant is a protected tenant, though he can be evicted on ground of non payment of Rent. 

2. Evidence can be led of comparable premises in teh vicinty, and on that basis rent can be governed. 

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register