LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anurag sharma (properiter )     27 June 2012

How to prove i am unmarried/defamation case

dear experts, i filed a suit against my tenant for my bonafide requirement, Sec 21 U.P. Rent Control act, while submitting his evidence, his write abt me that i am married and my wife live away from be because of my bad habits of drinking and smoking (vipashi shadisuda hai aur uski patni uski sharab aur cigrette pine ki wajah se usse alag reh rahi hai), but i m not married, never married, i want to file a suite of defamation against him, i read somewhere in this forum abt rulling of a case that affidavit is also a publication, what is the time period of the notice and i want to send that notice by myself, can i? should i just ask for written apology or compensation also??

Learning

5 Replies

anurag sharma (properiter )     28 June 2012

i my plea my advocate mentioned that i m unmarried and due to my un-employment its very hard to get married.... in reply he said so....

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     28 June 2012

The onus of proof lies on the person who alleges.So your tenant will have to prove that you are married. Fit case for defamation.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     29 June 2012

To strengthen your case file a a declaratory suit in the Civil Court for a declaration of your status as unmarried. After getting the same file a defamation case against him, and let him compenstae you.

anurag sharma (properiter )     29 June 2012

thanx for helps all, will soon send notice of defamation, how much time for declaratory suit??? coz today they filed all there evidence next hearing on 11-7, for our replication,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register