LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sameer Inamdar (Director)     16 June 2012

Deed of assignment (doa)

I purchased a flat in Belapur, Navi Mumbai in 2003 in resale, from a person who had originally purchased it from the builder.

We had completed all formalities in 2003 and I have a signed agreement. My lawyer also did a CIDCO transfer. My lawyer however did not do a Deed of Assignment (DOA) at that time and the process got delayed. We are now trying to ask the seller of the flat to come and sign the DOA, but he is refusing to do so. He says he is not required to do so.

I am told that the DOA is very important when I want to sell the flat. I want to know what options I have since the person who sold the flat is refusing to cooperate.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     16 June 2012

1. Give him a legal notice, he is under a contractual obligation to get the DOA signed and registered. 

2. In default thereto, file a suit for Specific Performance whereby the court would order the performance of his promise. 

Hope this helps !

1 Like

Sameer Inamdar (Director)     16 June 2012

Dear Adv Bharat Chugh,

Thanks so much for your advice.  I will pursue, the legal course - will surely get in touch incase i need some help in this regard.

Best,

Sameer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register