Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivasan (Retired)     15 June 2012

Change of surname in passport

Sir,

In my SSLC certificate my father's name has been mentioned as Venkatrama Iyer. This is the only proof for my date of birth also.I have mentioned my father's name as Venkatraman instead of Venkatrama Iyer in all my employment records, bank, pan card, ration card driving licence etc., all these years.( Iyer is a brahmin caste name) I have retired from Tamilnadu Public sector under taking 3 years back. During 1997 I got pasport wherein my father's name has been mentioned as in my certificate i. e Venkatrama Iyer. After a log gap when I went to renew the passport they said father's name cannot be changed now and issued renewal of passport as existed in the original passport. As in all my documents my fathers' name has been mentioned as Venkatraman can I change the same in my passport also? If so what is the procedure.. Pl help me..

Thanks and Regards

srinivasan

Learning

5 Replies

Sir,

I have omiited to mention that my father is no more now.

AKILA SAINATHAN (ADVOCATE)     15 June 2012

you just give a representation letter explaining allthose things and attach all the relavent documents along with it and send it to the possport authority.  after waiting for 30 days again send a letter under RTI which means Right to Information Act,2005 and get the information what has been happened to your representation letter and the procedures they following. 3o days limit for that. if no action was found then approch the high court in your state and file a mandamus peition to direct them to change your father name. your representation copy should be produced to the court so retain a copy of that while sending to the authorities.

Thank you very much for the reply...

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 June 2012

The following are the general requirements:

documents required to be submitted for a change of name 

1. Application form (Form-I) duly filled-in with six photographs 

(Note: Please do not staple the photos) 

2. Attach present passport, along with two photocopies 

3. Furnish two copies of proof of residence 

4. Beyond one year Rs. 1000/- [fresh passport with 10 years validity will be issued.

5. Any 3 identity documents to establish your new and old identity (out of the 14 listed under the new guidelines)
(In cases where the 3 identity documents can be submitted under the new guidelines, along with Annexure-I,
passports will be issued on post-police verification basis. In other cases, a police verification will be necessary.)

In addition, depending on the category below applicable, there are additional requirements, as indicated against each: 

(a) NORMAL CHANGE IN NAME: 

i) Furnish original newspaper cuttings giving change of name published in two newspapers – one in English 
and the other in a local language. 

ii) Furnish an affidavit as per format given in Annexure ‘E’ of the instruction attached to passport application.) 

1 Like

Thank you sir for the reply...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register