LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Malhotra (graduate)     14 June 2012

Dad hits my mom

My parents are married for last 22 years and their relations are not good from last 7-8 years. Now my dad hits my mom and also forces her to leave house. And he is also asking me and my sister to see where to live either with him or mom. But my sister is already having lots of pressure of studies as she is in 12th standard and my dad has decided that he will not lether study untill my mom leaves the house and my sister is too stressed right now she has not gone for her tution classes for last 3 days. Please suggest me what to do. WE DONT WANT OUR MOM TO LEAVE HOUSE and also don't want our dad to hit my mom and torture her everyday. should we take any legal action, or file a case in police station?

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

Is your father is a fool who is beating his wife without any reason?

Try to help your father, he might be having stress of his work and your mother will be an agressive lady who don't want to give relax to your father.

Why you want to put complain for your father just leave him and your mother will feed you if you have guts.

MRRpersonality (Knows very little about Indian laws)     14 June 2012

Approach your local police station or women's cell if it exists in your town.  Your dad is also committing a crime towards your sister.    You seem to be a wise guy,  try and see if there is a way to resolve this issue without hurting your dad too  much either.   Somebody needs to counsel your dad and restore peace in your family.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     14 June 2012

Try to resove the matter amicably with the help of relatives. If nothing works, then ask your mother to file a complaint under the domestic violance  act or you file on behalf of your mother and seek residencial and protection orders.

1 Like

(Guest)

This seems to be repeated query previously 12 std sister asked same type of query.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     14 June 2012

Similar relief can be sought by your sister  under the dv act if your dad is not allowing her to study. First see if everything can be resolved at home/relatives level.

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     14 June 2012

Practical advice by Ad Archana and MRRP.

Raj Malhotra (graduate)     14 June 2012

thanks @MMRpersonality & @ADV Archna, i just hope your advice will help!

Ritu Kaushal (legal)     15 June 2012

Hello Raj, first of all I am really feeling sorry fo ur status in life. For ur case, I will suggest you a marriage counselling , please find out a good marriage counsellor and then try to find the rout couse and remove this problem, Secondly, you can file a complaint....it is voilance with a woman, comes under the hat of domestic voilence.

Hello Raj, first of all I am really feeling sorry fo ur status in life. For ur case, I will suggest you a marriage counselling , please find out a good marriage counsellor and then try to find the rout couse and remove this problem, Secondly, you can file a complaint....it is voilance with a woman, comes under the hat of domestic voilence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register