Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavan (Engineer)     10 June 2012

Career prospects, b.e. with ll.b

Hello All,
I have completed B.E. in Mechanical Engineering and presently working as engineer in a private firm with 3+ years experience. I am interested in pursuing 3 year LL. B. course. I want to know the career prospects after completion of the law course.

Regards,

Pavan

Learning

6 Replies

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     10 June 2012

You have the prospect on Intellectual Property after you complete your LLb with subject to your completion of  Patent Agent Examination.

1 Like

HarpreetSingh (Legal Officer)     11 June 2012

I too am a Mechanical Engineer and just completed LLB. Working as legal officer. my suggestion to you is do LLB without a doubt in yr mind. As our learned friend Mr Rajesh has suggested IPR and to become a patents Agent are 2 good suggestions i too feel the same. Further future propsteus are unlimited as i feel the the future lies in intellectual property. Good Luck.

pradeep (na)     11 June 2012

Besides IPR as Rajesh and legal have suggested, you can choose 'arbitration' cases  after your LLB. Engineers have an added advantage in this field. Lot of money involved in it.

1 Like

HarpreetSingh (Legal Officer)     11 June 2012

the sugestion of prdeep for arbitration is again an untapped area of practice. it is not necessary that all LLB practice in courts. They can be sucessful non-litigant lawyers i.e. something like chamber practice. I have 20 yrs  experience of Engineering. Then i suddenly got intrested in law. And now after a year of job i am getting very handsome offers but i feel i would to private consultancy very soon in IPR. planning to become patent agent.

1 Like

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     11 June 2012

Being a hard working, intelligent and enterprising engineer,a bright future may waiting for you in the profession.Best of luck.

1 Like

Pavan (Engineer)     11 June 2012

Thank you all for replying.
Your suggestions has motivated me to join the law course.
I have googled and obtained some information about Intellectual Property and Arbitration. It would be great if any of you could provide me with the links to know more about the suggested option.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register