LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari451 (UD)     28 April 2012

Who will get the car

Our car which me and my wife both contributed money to buy is in my wife's name.In the Invoice and Registration it is also mentioned that she is wife of me.I would like to know
what will happen to the car or who will get it incase something hapens to my wife.
The reason I am worried about is because her eldest sister who stays with us is hell bent on getting our car no matter what and then giving to her other younger sister's husband(as she has already given her own car to them before, which my wife should actually get).
Your quick reply will be appreciated.

Learning

10 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     28 April 2012

Cr belongs to a peson in whose name it is registered..  If you have contributed to purchase the case., you have to prove your contribution.

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     28 April 2012

legally whoes name is the car being registered . even the amount may paid from others

1 Like

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     28 April 2012

If you want to prevent your sister in law, then speak to your wife accordingly. There is no leal way to stp your wife if she is willing to give it to her sister.

If anything happens to your wife, as you mentioned above, the car will be yours and your sister in law has no claim on it.

1 Like

Originally posted by :adv. rajeev ( rajoo )
"

Cr belongs to a peson in whose name it is registered..  If you have contributed to purchase the case., you have to prove your contribution.

"

Well the transfer of money from my account to her account is there on record in the bank.

Originally posted by :sankar narayanan
"
legally whoes name is the car being registered . even the amount may paid from others
"

That I understand but since I am her husband so shouldn't I have equal right on the car.

Originally posted by :Deepak Nair
"
If you want to prevent your sister in law, then speak to your wife accordingly. There is no leal way to stp your wife if she is willing to give it to her sister.

If anything happens to your wife, as you mentioned above, the car will be yours and your sister in law has no claim on it.
"

Well my wife doesn't want to give to anybody except me. Only thing is others(eldest sister) may take a claim on it since they have been trying to get every bit of property(including land) which my wife inherited.

However, your reply has lessen my tension and fears.THANKS.

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     28 April 2012

Please understand that a woman's property goes to her children when she dies. If no children, then to husband.

Her sister/brother can claim only if neither her children nor husband is alive.

So, you need not worry.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     29 April 2012

Hmmm nice Hari451.

Hari451 (UD)     29 April 2012

Originally posted by :Deepak Nair
"
Please understand that a woman's property goes to her children when she dies. If no children, then to husband.

Her sister/brother can claim only if neither her children nor husband is alive.

So, you need not worry.
"

Thanks again.Expecting baby soon in few months so don't mind if my children gets.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register