LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pooja (na)     17 April 2012

Cheated out of property by own sister

I am 25 year old pregnant women. my own sister cheated me and witnesses to sign in registar office for cancellation of supplimentary deed attached to my property which my father had issued giving her guardianship to my property as he thinks i am innocent. my sister placed identical documents inbetween and actually decieved us into signing cancellation of the gift deed of the property itself which in turn assigns the property to her. when i learned about this the next day i even issued a letter of objection to the registrar stating the circumstances along with a letter by the witnesses one of whom is both our mother that they have been cheated into signing these documents. turned out he was bribed by my sister, he misguided me by saying he will not register untill he looks into the matter and i give written consent to go ahead with it but within the next day he registered the documents and said he had no option. what can i do now?

Learning

3 Replies

pooja (na)     17 April 2012

the property is also under mortgage for which my sister signed as gurantee so i dont even have the legal rights to transfer the property even if i want to.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     17 April 2012

You can file a suit for cancellation of those documents since they are void. Any agreement signed under a misapprehension or mistake as to it's very nature is non est factum and of no validity. File a suit NOW. 

Feel free to talk!

1 Like

pooja (na)     23 April 2012

Thank you fr replying Bharath sir but the problem is all my income goes into paying the mortgage and i was informed that a suite would cost me 1% of the properties government value which in my case is 10 lakhs so i am in no position to raise that much amount of money immediately so i was considering approaching high court can you please tell me what law points can i register my case under.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register