LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anwaar Mohammed (Advocate)     16 April 2012

Llb or b.l

Hi Good day everyone, my name is Faiz Mohideen from Chennai, India, finished my B.Sc from University of madras in the year 2004-2007. Now I would like to pursue in LLB or B.L 2012. I am quite confused with LLB and B.L & number of years, are they both same? or entirely different. Is it possible for me to study LLB or B.L? Also kindly advice me what are the basic procedures to enroll in LLB or B.L in Dr.Ambedhkar Law College, Chennai. Do i have to write any entrance exam in Dr.Ambedhkar Law College? Kindly help me out. Will be very much appreciated.

Learning

8 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     16 April 2012

Both are same, the period of course is three years if you completed degree, otherwise after completion of +2 then the period of course is 5 yrs
1 Like

Thanks for your reply sir. I've completed B.Sc via University of Madras in the academic year 2004-2007 and I am 25yrs old. Am i  eligible to study B.L in The Tamilnadu Dr.Ambedhkar Law University Chennai. Do i have to write any entrance exam.

What is your % of mark if you got 50% and more no need of entrance exam.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     16 April 2012

Llb or b.l?

both are diffrent courses.

LLB - Bachelor of Legisletive law.

B L - Bachelor of law.

After doing llb, you will be entitled to register yourself under bar council of india, and able to practice as a lawyer, whereas bl, not. So far I know, llb was 3 yrs course, whereas bl 2 years. bl holder have some knowledge of law, but not allowed to practise as an advocate. bl holder do not allowed to take admission to llm course. for bl, ml course available. therefoe it is advisable to study llb not bl.

However, it may be that bl of your area is recogonised as equivalent to llb, get it cofirmed from the concerned university only for the authentic information. 

Navaneetha Krishnan (Junior lawyer)     16 April 2012

Mr. Arup

I think you have been misguided.... there is no such differences see in some college they will provide LLB and in some they call it as BL and one thing is that in both they are allowed to practise and in tamilnadu all the colleges are providing BL and every one is practising in the court.

Pls don't give wrong advise . He already confused don't make him more. I already given answer to you so follow it

Sir I scored above 65% in B.Sc, So am I eligible to apply for B.L (Regular) at Dr.Ambedhkar Law College, Chennai. Are there any age factor?

Navaneetha Krishnan (Junior lawyer)     17 April 2012

kindly go and check the same in the law college

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register