LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi kumar (owner)     09 April 2012

Hindu marriage

father-----1st wife---son---son---son---(boy)

-----2nd wife--son---son--(girl)

can merry boy and girl,plz help me,any legal problem,when merry boy and girl,(hindu )bihar.

Learning

12 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     10 April 2012

?

P V Namjoshi (pvnamjoshi@gmail.com)     10 April 2012

Do you men they are stape brother and sister?

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     10 April 2012

Do you want to know whether boy and gorl born out of single father in 2 mothers can marry each other or not??

If this is your query, then the answer is NO. Blood relatives cannot marry each other. The girl is the sister born out of the same father. So cannot marry.

ravi kumar (owner)     10 April 2012

ladki ke dada, aur ladka ke grand father,dono step brother hai,

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     10 April 2012

Dear Ravi,

It is unethical in human beings. We live in a civilised society and our forefathers have given us some human values .

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     10 April 2012

The question Ravi Kumar is asking very simple:  Whether the boy and girl come within "sapinda relationship" as said in 2(f)(i) of HMA, 1955, which I reproduce for clarification:

"Sapinda relationship" with reference to any aperson extended as far as the third generation (inclusive) in the line of ascent through the mother, and the fifth(inclusive) in the line of ascent through the father, the line being traced upwards in each case from the person concerned, who is to be counted as the first generation".

In my opinion, the relationship between the boy and girl referrred to by Ravi Kumar is not sapinda relationship and they are not disentitled to marry..  A caution- I am not good in calculating relationships.  Also contact some other experts on this point.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     10 April 2012

No Mr Chandu,the girl is the boy's half sister,hence forbidden according to HMA.

ravi kumar (owner)     10 April 2012

sorry friends,some error my post,right question is,

girl grand father and boy,father,s grand father,dono step brother hai,

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     11 April 2012

The relation is aunt and niece  (i.e girl is a boy's father's sister.) Hence there is no custom in the Hindu society prevailing since past that aunt and niece are marrying each other.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 April 2012

Ravi kumar,you are continuously deviating from your original post.You are confused in your expression and making the experts even more confused to detect the blood relationship between the boy an the girl.

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     12 April 2012

If this is the case, then i would say that this relation does not come under sapinda relationship. So, there is no wrong in this marriage if the custom allows so.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 April 2012

No, it is not a valid marriage.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register