Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (SYSTEMS ENG)     09 April 2012

Right in ancestral property

Hi Every One,

I am from Tamilnadu. My Maternal Grandparents had 7 children ( 4 Male and 3 female).

They had lots of ancestral properities. Both my Grandparents are no more. Before one month of my grandmother's death my cousins took her to the Registrar office and registered some land in their name.

Now when I took all the survey numbers and was shocked that more than 98% of the property is in the name of my uncles and aunts and their children. My mom is left with almost nothing.

Please advise me if we( mom and me) can claim our share of the property ( My mom's ancestral property).

Apart from the above i have one more question.

Since my mom got divorsed she sold one acre of land (ancestral property)  to my cousins for 30k. They told that once my mom repays the amount they will give the land back. But now they are not taking the money.In the document they have mentioned me as minor. But when the document was executed I was 18years and 1 month old. Is there any possibility to get the land back legally.

Thank you so much for your replies.

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 April 2012

When it is ancestral property of your mother, she can claim her share in the share of her father. she has to go for suit for partition and seperate possession.
1 Like

Anand (SYSTEMS ENG)     09 April 2012

Thank you so much Adv.Rajeev.

My mom sold one acre of land (ancestral property)  to my cousins for 30k. They told that once my mom repays the amount they will give the land back. But now they are not taking the money.In the document they have mentioned me as minor. But when the document was executed I was 18years and 1 month old. Is there any possibility to get the land back legally.

Many thanks for you reply.

SHAILENDRA PRIYA (ASSISTANT)     09 April 2012

HI

I WANT TO KNOW 18744/2010 PUSHPALATHA CASE STATUS BECAUSE IN WEBSITE IT IS COMING AS NO FURTHER ORDERS OF LISTING SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I WANT TO KNOW WHEN IS THE CASE NEXT DATE

SHAILENDRA PRIYA (ASSISTANT)     14 April 2012

HI I STILL DOES NOT KNOW THE CASE STATUS 18744/2010 OF PUSHPALATHA CASE STATUS IN SUPREME COURT . I WANT TO KNOW THE WHEN IS THE NEXT HEARING OF THE CASE. PLEASE HELP ME OUT SOMEBODY

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     15 April 2012

hi, your mother is a equal share holder in the ancestral property of her parents. you will have to go thru the details of sale deed of the land by your mother and if the condition of repaying and getting back the land is mentioned in any agreement, then it can be petitioned for enforcement. your age being mentioned incorrectly also tatamounts to misrepresentation of the facts i.e cheating.,

1 Like

Anand (SYSTEMS ENG)     18 April 2012

Thank You Janak Raj. The condition of repaying and getting back is not mentioned in the deed. Is there any possibility to file a case for misrepresentation of my age ?

Thank you so much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register