LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Budha (Member)     14 April 2012

Family court proceedding

I have my counselling completed lat year. As the counsellors have referred the case back to court , I need to appear again infront of the Judge.I am the one who has filed for divorce ( Seperated for 4 years). Wife appeared for all counselling and counsellors asked her to agree mutually as the marriage wont work. She  is willing however her lawyer is wanting settlement which I dont want to give in to. 

Given this situation can any one suggest what will the judge say when I appear before him. Will there be a movie or serial type cross exampination now . Should I get some evidence for this? Or as usual as I have seen in court .. judge will just as us to come back after a month ? Can I be allowed to talk ? How long Judge will hear befor he gives the verdict

The new Hindu Marriage act - amendment that is due to be tabled in parliamnet next month be of any help ? 

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 April 2012

The trial of a case begins with the production of evidence by the both the sides to the defendant, who produces his evidence andwitnesses,   whom the court examines. After production of evidence, chief examination, cross-examination and re-examination are the important stages in trial. After this stage, the Family Court concludes the evidences. The advocate of the petitioner first places his argument before the  family court. Thereafter the advocate ofthe defendant places hisargument before the family court.

2 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 April 2012

The court would make one more chance for reconciliation, thereafter would put the case on evidence, if the pleadings of the case are complete and the trial would ensue.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register