Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neena Talwalkar (Service)     04 April 2012

7/12 in maharashtra

Dear Sir/ Madam,

My mother owns about 7 acres of ancestral agricultural land at Shingori, near Nagpur, in Maharashtra. She wishes to add the names of her 3 children (my sister, brother and myself) in the 7/12 as her inheritors. 

She approached the Talati there who said that it was not possible while she was alive ( which is ridiculous).

Could you please tell us the procedure for doing the needful and also the documents, etc. that we would need to submit.

Regards,

Neena Talwalkar

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 April 2012

Let her execute the regd., rights reliquish deed in favour of her 3 children or let her file a vardi to transfer the property.

1 Like

Ahishek Shinde (none)     05 April 2012

Hello Nana,

I am from Maharashtra. Talathi is telling you wrong. Go to Tahsildar office and fill the form no. 85 for partition.

In 85, you will have to draw rough Map of partition. only keep in mind, if your land is 'Jirayat', then individual share should not be less than 81 aar. Otherwise if it is 'Bagayati', then it should not be less than 20 aar.

If this condition is satisfied, then you can file form no. 85. For this, you will require 7/12 and 8A extract.

Thanks,

Abhishek Shinde

1 Like

AMIT KARIA (AUTHOR & LAW OFFICER)     12 April 2012

You can ask her to execute a Release Deed, wherey she relinquishes her all rights in favour of her three children. Its locally called " Hakka Sod Patra".
Then, Talathi will put a bracket across her name and enter the new three names...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register