Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prateek (n/a)     04 April 2012

Employment bond with cheque

Hi,

I have joined a company 3 months ago and signed a bond. I also have given a undated cheque of 1.2 lakh. At the time of joining, i was told that they will impart me the training for the process.

But after 2 and half month, when no such training was given to me and just giving me the system to learn your own, I thought it is not going anywhere. I resigned and also request them to take my salary which you hae given me and release me from bond but they didn't went for settlement.

Now they are asking me 90,000. I don't have the same amount and i also told them at the time of the interview.

The cheque has been stop payment by me.

I request me to guide for the above.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 April 2012

The terms & conditions, clauses expressed in both appointment letter, and bond need to be studied carefully. What are the grounds expressed for creating the  bond?

Did you write to the good offices of your appointing authority, MD, stating as expressed in your appointment letter, bond you shall be imparted training for..................( say specialized training by certified institutions etc) but no training has been conducted and instead you are being made to sit in front of a computer, everyday from your date of joining i.e. for the last 2.5 months, and open internet connection everyday and read some documents on.....................which is no training at all. No one from company or any institution has ever come to train you and impart any kind of knowledge to you. You are worried since you are not learning any thing from any kind of training or any work done, and each time you have represented to Mr/Ms...........designation/dept............the bond which was got signed from you is flaunted at you to subdue you from making any representation and you do not see any future and your past education/qualification/experience shall go waste etc.

You could have at least expressed in your notice of resignation. You should built some record in your favor.

Employee should always consult elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, trained legal mind/lawyer before signing on documents and repenting later.

Now this company can approach your current/future employers and post adverse comments in reference check.

Company can proceed against you.

Has the company demanded Rs.90000/ verbally or by some letter/notice/email/legal notice. You shall need a local lawyer and may approach a competent and experienced service lawyer in person with all documents and arrange to send a befitting reply.

1 Like

Prateek (n/a)     04 April 2012

Thanks for you reply. I will keep this things in mind for future.

I know that bond states that i will be given training in "Algo Trading" but don't even have the setup of algo trading and we have to trade based on our thought process. The main reson for leaving the job is that they can charge any losses in trading to my salary on the grounds on "intentional losses". Many employee have also left and they have agreed on 1 month salary for settlement.

I don't have the copy of the bond as they didn't give to me.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 April 2012

You have posted that " The main reson for leaving the job is that they can charge any losses in trading to my salary on the grounds on "intentional losses".'

has the company mentioned any process and fair procedure for concluding that it was "intentional Loss" before making a deduction? Has any employee protested so far and can you arrange a copy/witness?

It shall be appropriate to apply your persuasion, persistence, negotiation, reasoning skills to settle the matter amicably. Otherwise also you would have notice pay, therefore pay 1 month salary and close the matter amicably.
however obtain everything in  writing to safeguard you in future.

7842890285aA!   24 November 2017

Sir, I’m facing the same problem I have signed a bond of 135000 and they did not provide me any sort of algorithm trading. I have learnt it by myself after a struggle of a month. After 2 months I was irregular to the job and after another 1 month I quit that job now they have sent a court notice under 138 NI act. Could you please tell me how did you handle with that isuue

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register