LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gaurav sharma (CS)     28 March 2012

498a settlement mess ....pls. help

dear members i am in a settlement mess of 498A, out of court in bhopal i signed a settlement with my wife according to which

1. settlement would be presented to HC and arrest stay taken

2. I motion of divorce - 5 lakh payment

3. II motion of divorce - 5 lakh payment

4. FIR quashed by HC

high court instead in a one line judgement disposed of the petition directing petitioners to submit copy of settlement to  I.O as matter is under investigation stage only and I.O to act accordingly, problem is I.O is their family friend, now what to do to make sure i do not get cheated after payent and mutual divorce, please help even my advocate is confused as it is his life's first 498A case.

gaurav sharma

bhopal

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Out side cout, sattelement of Divorse  is not maintanable. If you think that I.O will wrong investigation.Than write a complaint before S.S.P of your city OR File a application for change the I.O.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     28 March 2012

the fir is quashed by hc so just present a certified copy of the order to the SHO of the police station along with a application with details and take a stamp on duplicate copy IO is not above law and he is bound by hc order he will need to close the case

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     28 March 2012

The IO would file final report in this matter and you need not get it quashed based on the compromise.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
1 Like

gaurav sharma (CS)     28 March 2012

thanks sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register