Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pranesh Jain (Senior Manager)     21 March 2012

Maintenance ordered.

Dear Forum,

This Order was pronounced on friday. Please advice me.

In the result, petition is partly allowed. Rs 5 lakhs is awarded as past maintenance to the petitioner and Rs.15,000 per month granted as maintenance from the date of the petition. The respondent is directed to pay or deposit the same in her account on or before 10th of every month, in case of default the petitioner is at liberty to execute the order by due process of law.

Can some learned member advice by when this money has to be paid ? What action can she take now and how early ? Does it involve Court procedures or police ? What comes first ? Please throw some light. Thanks.

Jain

Learning

5 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     21 March 2012

The lady would go in for execution, if you don't deposit this money and then you would have to negotiate time with the court.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
4 Like

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     21 March 2012

There is some ambiguity in the above said order.  The maintenance, it appears, has three different portions.  The first one is maintenance arrears prior to filing the petition, which is Rs. 5.00 lakhs.  The second one is maintenance arrears from the date of petition till the date of order, which has to be calculated @Rs.15,000/- from the date of petition till the date of payment.  Both these can be executed immediately.  The third part is future arrears @ Rs.15,000/- per month which has to be paid by 10th of subsequent month.  The execution of this third part can be filed as and when such amount arises.

Now, execution petition can be filed by her at any point of time.  If the husband pays, the execution can be satisfied.  If he does not pay, Warrant of attachment of movable and immovable property can be issued.  If such property is not available, warrant of arrest will be issued and the judgment debtor will be put behind bars for the satisfaction of execution amount. 

1 Like

Thanks Adv Chandu for your valuable reply.

As you said she can apply for execution anytime, usually how early do lawyers recommend such action and would it be preceded by Advocate's notice ?

Can I appeal with the Hon'ble HC against this Order. If yes, then until disposed by HC will I be immune to the execution process ?

Also, she had actually petitioned for Rs.20 lakhs as past arrears. If she goes to HC for appeal, would I still be in default of the present order or do I get time until it is disposed off by the Hon'ble HC ? 

If your time permits, please advice. Thanks.

P.Jain

Sir,

Also please advice if I can myself file some petition somewhere requesting time schedule to pay arears, say Rs.83,000 for next 6 months (for the 5 lakhs) while I maintain the monthly Rs.15,000. How do Courts see such requests ? Thanks.

P.Jain

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 March 2012

Start paying before any execution petition comes in.

When you show your bona-fide courts generally gets liberal.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register