Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

k.goutham reddy (mba )     22 March 2012

Can 353 and 323 sections be compramised?

Sir,

My name is Goutham,i am pursing my MBA 4th sem.i have booked under sectn 353 and 323 for slaping a police constable on duty,i got bail nd givn date to nampally court on 22/3/12 i.e, today.i have been said that police officials will investigate the case and inform me a date on that day i have to go to court.sir i need to know weathr  the case can be compramised? if yes how and when i can compramise.if not compramisable will the judgmnt will be 2 years or nly fine.i heard there will be reduction of punishmnt or only fine for students.in this case i am A1 nd my friend as A2 (2 membs) please... lead me the way to get out the case.

Thanking you very much 

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     22 March 2012

Though S.323 is compoundable (that is compromise can be done) S.353 is not. However if the police officer aggreieved is ready then you can approach the High Court u/s 482 for quashing on the basis of written settlement. 

1 Like

k.goutham reddy (mba )     22 March 2012

Thank q very much sir :) you made me smile after many days.

how many months will take for the compramising.can we compramise before the enqiry or charge sheet of the case? and sir i have applied for the post of SUB INSPECTOR. will it creates any problem.my area police station nd the case bookd station are diffferent. 

(Guest)

now 353IPC is non bailable offence, 323IPC is bailableoffence.

Dear disclose your problem- so that adviser may help you.

k.goutham reddy (mba )     30 March 2012

i have booked under sectn 353 and 323 for slaping a police constable on duty,in this case there was a eye withness of a watchmen n others are constables on duty.i got bail nd givn date to nampally court on 22/3/12 .i have been said that police officials will investigate the case and inform me a date on that day i have to go to court.sir i need to know weathr  the case can be compramised? if yes how and when i can compramise.if not compramisable will the judgmnt will be 2 years or nly fine.i heard there will be reduction of punishmnt or only fine for students.in this case i am A1 nd my friend as A2 (2 membs). the police constable is ready to compramise can we compramise in IPC353.  please... lead me the way to get out the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register