LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

**Victim** (job)     11 March 2012

Sharing good news with my lci family - 03/10/12

Finally after a long fight today as of 03/10/12 my wife's side has approached me asking for MCD. (I was dying to hear this word MCD).....anyway disclosing further all fake complaints held against me has been withdrawn (Crpc 151, 498 (a) ------> Quashed in Upper Court Gujarat (Saurashtra Region) and crpc 125 is still to be withdrawn because court date is next month) and now i need to be careful to make sure all clauses are included before i sign any papers. My side has agreed that MCD can be drafted with no alimony/maintenance involved and Crpc 125 has been withdrawn saying that both sides has agreed to withdraw complaints therefore she is not claiming any maintenance/alimony in future and i should not  be held liable for leaving or deserting her for these many years.

My sincere thanks to Tajobsindia, Shonee kapoor, and some victims i met on this platform. Although there were some hiccups between me and some LCI members i want say that all of us had difference in opinion and i don't want them to take anything personal. Perhaps if i could be of any help to any NRI'S/U.S. CITIZENS OR FOREIGN BASED indians i will try my best to help all those families who have suffered from this pain.

Although i am not an expert but i am still concerned how or what clauses should be drafted in MCD ? (Court accepts only GUJARATI VERSION) It's been a while i haven't visited india and i am sure my wife has approached me since she has found somone else. Is there anything i need to be worried about ? before i sign MCD papers ? Do i need to tell her to send the same papers to Ministry of home affairs ? I do have Look Out Circular marked under my name at indian airports and i personally have verified this with some good contacts. How should i  request ministry of home affairs to withdraw my name from LOC list ? Do i need to tell my wife to send MCD papers to ministry of home affairs ? or should i send any reply from my end ? I am sorry i am asking too many questions i would appreciate if experts could share their valuable knowledge.

Learning

13 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     11 March 2012

Congratulation

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     11 March 2012

the compromise do happen sooner or later in these cases depends on the power to sjstain of the parties to these cases. In MCD just get the point included that there would be no future claims for maintainence and rights on husbands properties.

These are delicate times and over excitement or imposing more conditions on the other party sometimes backfire so just let that go easy.

regarding loc check which court or authority ordered loc might be the otherparty help you get information on it as they would know that unless you are here MCD wont happen.

Originally posted by :Sanjeev
"
the compromise do happen sooner or later in these cases depends on the power to sjstain of the parties to these cases. In MCD just get the point included that there would be no future claims for maintainence and rights on husbands properties.

These are delicate times and over excitement or imposing more conditions on the other party sometimes backfire so just let that go easy.

regarding loc check which court or authority ordered loc might be the otherparty help you get information on it as they would know that unless you are here MCD wont happen.
"

Advocate Sanjeev question of me going back to india for MCD is something i have to worry about ? My mind says "NO" everytime when i think to go back i would rather wait until she gets remarried  and right now other party (Girl's Side) are cooperating very well. Few months back i came across a query asked by one of the member seeking video conferencing and me i have already been harassed by indian embassy in New York if i could  request to arrange video conferencing from indian embassy in New York then i am ready to do so. But is it possible if i could request girl's side to file a petition in a court where video conferencing is allowed ? I mean both of us are ready for MCD is there going to be any objection by court if we apply for MCD in a different city ?

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     11 March 2012

congratulations

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     11 March 2012

Good news.

cm jain sir (ccc)     11 March 2012

Congrats Dear Victim!

Have you filed some cases on them also to create pressure. If you can share pls.

You shud visit India after getting the court orders and withdrawl of LOC only i think.

Best wishes!

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     11 March 2012

@ Author,

Issue 1: Video conference route and/or via spl. PoA route mutual consent divorces (MCD) when one and/or either party as the case may be is not present in Court at the time of motion(s); how to do it?

Below are pari materia advise for all NRI / PIO husbands in such situation as raised by this querriest adding that the provisions contained under S. 28 Special Marriage Act OR S. 10 (A) Divorce Act is pari materia with the provision contained in S. 13 B HMA and these three covers Hindus / Jains / Parsis / Sikhs / Christians / Inter religion marriages / Foreigners marriage with Indians and vice versa parties seeking MCD via video conference and or spl. PoA route due to either and or both party absence before concerned
Indian Court.

First of all put all your submissions which you have been putting till now here in a form of Joint Application and seek the permission of the concerned Court to hold video conference to decide the matter if PIO / NRI is not appearing in person.

Two relief’s may appear once party(s) as per case put above Joint Application; One it may as will be turned down and second it may be allowed.

In case if it is allowed then a spl. PoA should be executed by party(s) as the case may be to appear via executed spl. PoA before the concerned Court and spl. PoA person can testify very well
about the contents of the petition. It is called Performa party procedure. The party(s) as the case may be has to sign the petition before Indian Consulate / High Commission of India in respective country(s) either of them and or they are at that time residing and it is done under S. 3 (2) of the Diplomatic and Consular Officers (Oaths and Fees) Act, 1947 under which it means the signed documents do not require any further evidence in court of Law in India. This is tombstone material precedent as per Hon'ble SC and Govt. / Legislative intent and can't be be challenged as of date.

I’m also aware that Kerala, Gujarat, Karnataka, Bihar, AP courts have allowed witness depositions via video conferencing route and it is not un-heard of a practice.

Now in above scenario onece it is allowed all the party(s) as the case may be need to do is to after above two sub-processes (i.e. executing spl. PoA + signing doc. u/s. 2 (2) The Act 1947 request Court for video conference date / time and certified copy of Order is conveyed to concerned Indian Consulate / High Commission of India in respective country(s) so that either party(s) as the case may be appear via video conference and get over with First and or Second Motion under MCD.

In case if it is turned down then file another Joint Application and seek permission of the court to allow (respective) special PoA’s of party(a) as the case may be to place evidence and allow First Motion as per Law u/s 13 B (1) HMA followed by Second Motion in due course of time as per Law all done now-a-days via spl. PoA.

Now in the above scenario second once it is turned down then follow above and place as reliance below binding SC case law with persuasive other State’s HC Judgment bze in mutual consent divorce cases, evidence of special power of attorney is enough as per the following judgments:

Janaki Vasudeo Bhojwani
Vs. IndusInd Bank Ltd. AIR 2005 SC 439
https://indiankanoon.org/doc/553344/

Vinay Jude Dias Vs. Ranajeet Kaur (2008 (106) DRJ 183) https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1608385/

Neelima Chopra vs. Anil Chopra 1986 (11) DRJ 188
https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1471809/

Annalie Prashad vs. Romesh Prashad AIR 1968 Calcutta 48
https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1518969/

Re.:
https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Video-conferencing-justice-to-persons-of-indian-origins-43740.asp

Issue 2: LoC: How to facilitate spouse travel under a live LoC to attend Court case

If a NRI / PIO husband are doubtful if a LoC is actually in place or just doing fishing exercise per se then what I would suggest is to follow first above exercise and placing certified copy of just the application and days order sheet in above exercise file a Writ before State HC to give directions to
External Affairs Ministry to facilitate to and fro transit of a POI / NRI who is summoned to attend a hearing before concerned Court on such as such date. Thus with HC directions  LoC will be removed and your royal entry back to Indian soil will be event free. Do seek true certified copy of above advised HC Writ Order with you before touching any one of the 27 Int. Airport in Indian soil:-) 

I‘m not touching 498a quash / S. 151 CrPC / S. 125 CrPC etal. and supposedly mentioned wordings of MCD and your thought line on wording sof MCD which I found humerous as they are not the way legally written in this felicitation with micro dozen que. thread post
J as they will follow one after another once first LoC via Writ route is removed on your name followed by MCD coursel of parties with an executed Agreement with their T & C followed by getting allowed either a PoA (performa party) route or getting allowed a Video Conference (performa party) route which are all possible to do sitting in cushy overseas atmosphere sirf as per law bolney wala and karvaney wala vakil hona chahiye aapke pass jo upper likha advise sirf follow karey…………..

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     11 March 2012

Good News.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

@ Tajobsindia,

I think Spl. POA route is better for us.

Thanks,

Thanks You.....alll

Never Give Up (Fighter)     12 March 2012

Very good news..after how many years are you getting out of this litigations ??

**Victim** (job)     13 March 2012

Originally posted by :Never Give Up
"
Very good news..after how many years are you getting out of this litigations ??
"

It's almost 4 years of husband wife dispute ending now. I will post the entire judgement once i get permission from court.

Ranee....... (NA)     21 March 2012

PEACE..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register