Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Never Give Up (Fighter)     01 March 2012

Safeguard against domestic violence act

Hello Learned members,

498A has already been filed (Latest update Chargesheet filed) and now bitter half threatens of filing DV.

Please let me know points to safeguard from the damage.

Thank you.

Regards

A1(498A)

Learning

6 Replies

rajiv_lodha (zz)     01 March 2012

There is no such safegard......................u can not prohibit anybody to file a case in court.

Better prepare with ur defence.................n then wait n watch!

gud luk

1 Like

Never Give Up (Fighter)     01 March 2012

If my parents disown me legally..can it help to exclude their name from this case right away ? Also would it help to restrict my bitter half to enter matrimonial home under right to residence in DV ?

Idea here is to reduce suffering of aged parents to the extent possible.

Please suggest.

Thank you .

Regards

A1(498A)

Father of lovely Daughter (Father)     01 March 2012

Hi,

I am also the victim of 498a.Everybody have their own opinion on this but the majority i have seen is that there is no harm in doing this and may help somewhere later in case.And it will be better were living seperate from ur parents.

stanley (Freedom)     09 March 2012

Looks like your bitter half is frustated and hence wants to file a false DV . She has to prove the allegations .If the house is on your parents name than you can disown them .Secondly you have not mentioned if she is working and is getting HRA etc . If she is working and getting a rent allowance than she cant demand any rent from you .

Bhuneshwari Devi (Advocate)     09 March 2012

Best things to do to save yourself from all the troubles.

1- File for Divorce .

2- Ask for mediation.

3- Settle dispute by offering her a lumsump amount for once for all and ask her to withdraw all cases.

Yes you have to arrange for the sum, but this will end your agony.

Regards

Adv Bhuneshwari Devi

Never Give Up (Fighter)     09 March 2012

@Adv Bhuneshwari Devi,

I do have this advise of amicable separation from the day first of the disputes. However bitter half is only in revenge mode..wants to damage to the extent possible hence chances of amicable separation as of now is NIL. Probably it would come after 2-3 years when all her anger gets settled and future seems to be gloomy.

Drama after i withdrawn RCR

She openly told in the court that she wouldnt give me divorce at any cost when judge suggested for amicable separation. Judge seems to be amuse by the way she spoke and told "Ok your wish, Continue your fight and keep on brushing court stairs" :-)

@Stanely,

Yes she is frusterated and full of anger. She has no where to go now after 498A. They thought of we would come down to their feet to take back the FIR. But i said no, let the case go on , let FIR get registered, WE WILL FIGHT TILL END. I have decided, i will stand up for what i feel is right.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register