Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tanmay (project manager)     28 February 2012

Alimony to wife and child

hello all of my friends,

i am tanmay arora, an IT professional. i need your valuable advice. i want to calculate roughly the amount of alimony to be given to wife and child during MCD. facts are:

1) my annual income is 18 lacs per annum, working in IT company banglore. wife is also working she earns 6 lacs per annum.

2) my 3 years old son also lives with her.

3) she is legally joint registered co-owner of a row house that i purchased from my hard earned money, all the EMIs being paid by me. at present its cost about 60 lacs, still loan of 25 lacs is pending. 

i donot have any other major liabilities. i am having 1 another flat in gurgaon,and i transferred that flat on my brother's name.

please let me know maximum----minimum amount that i should be given to wife and child as alimony/divorce compensation.

Learning

3 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     28 February 2012

There can not be any fixed formula.

Expect around 15-20K interim maintenance for the kid. The wife is not eligible for any maintenance.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
1 Like

tanmay (project manager)     28 February 2012

thanku shonee sir, she wants one-time alimony. give approximately idea for lumpsum amount, considerng the fact that

(i) she is legally registered co-owner of rowhouse (present cost: 60 lacs, loan pending: 25 lacs)

(ii) child's compensation

pls. give me max-min band in which i should pay, as per your experience. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     28 February 2012

There can not be any idea which is not speculative in nature.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register