LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     24 February 2012

Just academic question

At first I beg my pardon to members of LCI who are not qualified lawyers, and must pay thanks to experts as PARTH Sir ( Who is computer analyst ) who improved our knowledge in their  respective fields, which proved very fruitful to me and others also.

These questions just arose in me, which I am sharing with members-

1. Whether a person who is not a qualified lawyer can offer free legal advice in LCI or in any other platform? If  yes whether a person who is not a doctor can prescribe any prescripttion in same way ?

2. If NO! who is the authority, who can take action against such person ? and under which provision ?

3. What is the meaning of “qualified lawyer” Or “Qualified doctor”. Whether he must be registered in Bar Council Of India OR Medical Council Of India ? Or having a degree of Ll.B or M.B.B.S is enough.

Learning

5 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     24 February 2012

Inmedical professions there we have quack who earns more than the qualified doctors and we are not short with such prctises in legal world.

1 Like

mahak (student)     24 February 2012

sir,

i am  pursuing MBA (hr)  distance and  i am interested to do LLB but  more 3 years  is long so is their any diploma are short span courses  so that i can  please advice even university name 

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 February 2012

1. Whether a person who is not a qualified lawyer can offer free legal advice in LCI or in any other platform?

-: If the person has proper knowledge, then where is the harm? If it is restricted by the authority (here LCI), then 'no'.

(a)  If yes, whether a person who is not a doctor can prescribe any prescripttion in same way?

-: Allopathic practitioner, through their medical council tried to stop practicing others, for their narrow business interest, but could not get success. Latter on G.O.I. recognize many other streams of medicines. Now this bar limited to restrict the practice of allopathic medicine by a non member of medical council (allopathic).

(b)  If NO, who is the authority, who can take action against such person? Under which provision?

-: Here LCI, as they are running the club.

2. What is the meaning of “qualified lawyer” Or “Qualified doctor”.

-: General meaning is, he is having the degree and member of respective field & council. 

3. Whether he must be registered in Bar Council of India OR Medical Council of India?

-: Answer as above.

4. Having a degree of L.L.B or M.B.B.S is enough?

-: No, as above.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     28 February 2012

Thanks Arup Sir for sharing your opinion. Glad to see you after a long time here.

1 Like

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     01 March 2012

Arvind, as Arupji already replied, no need for me to comment 

arvind : Sir good afternoon. Sir you didn't comment on my post as -https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Just-academic-question-52419.asp 
You : i will see what is it??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register