Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan (Others)     10 February 2012

Need advice

Hi,

I am Pawan from Hyderabad. I have married my girlfried on 4th August 2008 at a temple in Hyderabad.

I have all the documents from the temple and pictures of my marriage with her but I have not registered the marriage. We were not interested to tell this to people and we wanted to get married after convincing our parents to get us married. Now the girls parents are not willing to get us married and he wants to get her married to someone else. I want to know can he do that without getting her divorced from me, is this marriage valid as I have not registered it. Though I got married in Hindu tradition. I have all the witnesses and papers from the temple. Please help me I love her sincerely and I dont want to lose her at any cost. Please help!!!

Thanks,

Pawan

Learning

6 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     10 February 2012

@ Author

We understood your current low esteem question. 

First check on which side your wife is !

Is she living with you after marriage?

The temple marriage and having Certificate of Marriage issued by Temple Priest affixing witness signature are all valid marriage documents. Registration of marriage in present issue circumstances before was not necessary.

Your situation is bit tricky and you need confidence of your wife in this marriage more than Law right now.  Also show the documents to your in laws and seek their blessings.

1 Like

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     10 February 2012

Wedding photos are enough proof of valid marriage.

They cannot marry her to anybody else without divorce from you.

rubinder kaur maini (PO)     10 February 2012

WE ARE TWO SISTERS. MY ELDER SISTER IS MARRIED AND I AM UNMARRIED HAVING  41 YEARS OF AGE. WE WERE TOGETHER SINCE 40 YEARS BUT NOW  IAM  STAYING WITH MOTHER SINCE TWO YEARS .FATHER FOUGHT WITH MOTHER TWO YEARS BACK AND LEFT.  LATER MOTHER PUT UP CASE IN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ACT.

FATHER HAS SELF OWNED PROPERTY. HE HAS GIVEN BUILDING AND FLAT TO HIS BROTHERS WIFE ( FATHER HAVING RELATION WITH BROTHERS WIFE  BEFORE MARRIAGE TO MOTHER).   DVC CASE IS GOING ON SINCE ONE AND HALF YEARS.  NOW IN FRONT OF JUDGE , FATHER HAS TOLD THAT LATER ALL MY PROPERTY WILL GO TO WIFE AND CHILDREN. BUT EVEN JUDGE IS UNSURE OF HIS LATER DECISIONS , THAT HE WILL GIVE TO HIS BROTHERS WIFE OR SELL IT.  JUDGE HAS TOLD FATHER TO GIVE RESIDENT( WHICH HE HAS ) EXPENSES FOR MY MARRIAGE AND TWO TO THREE SHOPS( FROM BUILDING WHER SHOPS ARE CONSTRUCTED AND GIVEN FOR RENTS) TO MY MOTHER S NAME.

CAN MY FATHER CHANGE HIS MIND LATER ,  AS HE SAID EVERYTHING WILL BE GIVEN TO WIFE AND CHILDREN LATER.  WILL PROPERTY GO TO  MOTHER IF HE SIGNS IN FRONT OF JUDGE. 

WE ARE TWO SISTERS. MY ELDER SISTER IS MARRIED AND I AM UNMARRIED HAVING  41 YEARS OF AGE. WE WERE TOGETHER SINCE 40 YEARS BUT NOW  IAM  STAYING WITH MOTHER SINCE TWO YEARS .FATHER FOUGHT WITH MOTHER TWO YEARS BACK AND LEFT.  LATER MOTHER PUT UP CASE IN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ACT.

FATHER HAS SELF OWNED PROPERTY. HE HAS GIVEN BUILDING AND FLAT TO HIS BROTHERS WIFE ( FATHER HAVING RELATION WITH BROTHERS WIFE  BEFORE MARRIAGE TO MOTHER).   DVC CASE IS GOING ON SINCE ONE AND HALF YEARS.  NOW IN FRONT OF JUDGE , FATHER HAS TOLD THAT LATER ALL MY PROPERTY WILL GO TO WIFE AND CHILDREN. BUT EVEN JUDGE IS UNSURE OF HIS LATER DECISIONS , THAT HE WILL GIVE TO HIS BROTHERS WIFE OR SELL IT.  JUDGE HAS TOLD FATHER TO GIVE RESIDENT( WHICH HE HAS ) EXPENSES FOR MY MARRIAGE AND TWO TO THREE SHOPS( FROM BUILDING WHER SHOPS ARE CONSTRUCTED AND GIVEN FOR RENTS) TO MY MOTHER S NAME.

CAN MY FATHER CHANGE HIS MIND LATER ,  AS HE SAID EVERYTHING WILL BE GIVEN TO WIFE AND CHILDREN LATER.  WILL PROPERTY GO TO  MOTHER IF HE SIGNS IN FRONT OF JUDGE. 

Pawan (Others)     11 February 2012

The girl is also in her parents favour now and she is planning to change her job ( She is presently working in the same company with me) they are planning to send her onsite from here or change her job and mobile numbers and also their home ( they stay in a rented house in Hyderabad )... If they do anything of this sort I will not know what she is upto later. Can they hide this marriage and get he married to someone else. If some person is liking her and wants to marry her without divorce can she go ahaead and if she does can I fight against it. I dont want her to go abroad without setling this issue. Can I stop her from going to any other place. Is there any law that can make her stay in Hyderabad untill the case is resolved. I lvoe my wife very much and I do not want to lose her. Please advice. I am getting worried thinking about such options.

**Victim** (job)     12 February 2012

You cant force her better let her go if she is not yours right now she would never be yours find someone else forget whatever happened

(Guest)

Since you want her, then get all her relatives ph#, addresses etc. Talk to them and plead to save your marriage. Talk to media(TV9 etc) to help you in saving your marriage. Sit on a dharna near her house.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register