LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aashok76 (n/a)     31 January 2012

Property rights between brothers and sisters and its selling

Dear Sir, my father has 3 younger brothers and four younger sisters and my grand father owned a land property out of his own-not inherited and passed away wthout leaving any will. one of my father's brother also passed away.   problem is my fathers' last younger brother is not in talkative terms  and he is forming group with all his sisters and also with the window step mother saying that they can sell the land for a good deal without any consent of my father and one f his elder brother and he can divide the sale amount into eight shares and deposit two shares one  in the name of my father and another share in name of  anotehr brother, remaining six shares they share among them selves. if it really possible to make this kind of selling the land without any consent of my father and his brother? all original documents are with him right now and he is not willing to share with his brothers. is this kind of selling the land property valid? please help.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 February 2012

Your chacha and bua (uncle/aunt) can dispose of their own share without consent of your father. Your father may file a case for permanent and mandatory injunction restraining them, if it is undivided share.

1 Like

aashok76 (n/a)     03 February 2012

Thanks very much, that helps, will ask my father to do this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register