LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourav Chatterjee (Professional)     02 February 2012

Certified copy of registered general power of attorney

how to collect a certified copy of registered power of attorney from any office of sub-registrar in westbengal? office staff told that a third person to that deed cannot claim a certified copy of power of attorney. the POA relates to a development contract between promoters and landowners. I am a flat owner in which the POA relates. It needed for the mutation of the said flat. the promoters and landowners are not cooperating with us.

Learning

8 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     02 February 2012

It is a public document, officer cannot deny to supply the certified copy of PA. 

1 Like

Thanking You for your kind cooperation.

yes I also think so. but when I study The Registration Act 1908 last night, come to know that by the virtue of U/s 51 the GPA belongs to BOOK 4 (Miscellaneous Register) and u/s 57(4) refers that only party to that document or his agent or representive can inspect or get the certified copy. am I right?

but I want to know the exceptions or any other solution,if any.

U/s 57(4) of the 4rth line will be u/s 57(3).

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     02 February 2012

first of all tell your locus standi for that document, I will show simple solution.

1 Like

i am the flat owner of a appartment and want to go for mutation with local authority of the said flat. local authority told to deposit the copy of GPA along with other documents, all documents apart from GPA is ready. Landowner is out of the station, builder is not helping. parties to the said GPA are Landowner and builder, GPA is relating to the construction of abovesaid appartment.

A. ELANGO SUBRAMANIAN (MANAGER (LAW))     16 February 2012

I dont think that it is available to everyone. It may be available only for the interested parties.

aes

1 Like

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     16 February 2012

First of all find where else the said POA  has been used  and if it is legal proceeding you can give affidavit and get the copy.

Under section 4 of the power of attorney act parties have to deposit the true copy in dist court or high court and it is also open for any body to see.

1 Like

S Nanda Kumar (Legal Assistant)     03 January 2014

After getting the Sale Deed executed in my favour, it is ascertained that there is GPA executed with respect to the same property in a different place.  Now my title is in question? I will much obliged for a direction to secure  certified copy of the GPA. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register