Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     25 January 2012

Wife sues in-laws, says arranged marriage turned to slavery

Wife Sues In-Laws, Says Arranged Marriage Turned to Slavery

PHOTO: The real estate listing of the house where Diptiben Mistry was held virtually imprisoned by her in-laws, according to her lawsuit, is shown here.

Learning

12 Replies

(Guest)

Interesting on two fronts.

1. Family law cases are strictly govrened at State level. Here, the Defendent has managed to make a family law case be heard at Federal level.

2. Reading between the lines, it appears to me that certain federal statues have been referenced which perhaps fall under US Fed jurisdiction:-

Basic human dignity, intense psy pain, involuntary servitude, threat of deportation, restricted access to food and medical care. 

--------------------------------------

Take : If US based NRIs wife goes to India or files false DV , then the US based NRI huaband could invoke the federal process as legal remedy BESIDEs the State Courts if the 498 and peripheral activities can be proven to touch any of the above. A threat of Indian  passport impoundment could be dragged into fed courts- perhaps.

Thanks for sharing Rohini

**Victim** (job)     26 January 2012

Udwadia na adadiya bani gaya......:)

(Guest)

Dont worry, Utpala wont bother us any more. She is behind bars. She is looking for an advocate but no one wants to represent Utpala. I beleive she is making a motion to the court for a government appointed advocate.

Have fun and be happy. Life need not be legal all the frikkin time

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     26 January 2012

Originally posted by :Adam

"
Dont worry, Utpala wont bother us any more. She is behind bars. She is looking for an advocate but no one wants to represent Utpala. I beleive she is making a motion to the court for a government appointed advocate.

Have fun and be happy. Life need not be legal all the frikkin time
"

hi adam, how r you...I am fine..

:DI have not get your notice yet..when you ar e sending this..

I have an advice for you, first you get rid of your 498A wife, then think of me..;)

Ranee....... (NA)     27 January 2012

For last few days i am unable to see thanks page...dont know you all are facing this problem or not..

Adam,  the thank you have got in the SHORT NOTE that you have written about me is mine.Keep writing:D

(Guest)

dignity, justice, humanity....where were these at the time of filing false 498a on us?

(Guest)

Interested for the property  shown ....how much are you after ?

(Guest)

This case needs thorough investigation.

(Guest)

It is also the foolishness of the husband's family to seek brides from India. The time has come when Indians should marry the women in the land that they migrated to-forget India, forget Indian ethos and adapt. This is the way to go. Indian brides coming to west cannot adjust and will file such cases. It looks like a case of a woman marrying for money. Life in west is not that easy as they think in India! Chalta hai doesn't work! Example of some reality: On Mumbai beach there may be 1,00,000 people.In Oklahoma there may be less people in the whole city! There may be fewer than 20 Indian families and they could all be from different regions and different languages! Can a bride from India handle that? Getting a job in another city is very common-unlike in India.

Woman from India going to west or any other country has no clue about practices, customs, lifestyle or regulations of the land, they migrate. It is difficult for them and the families that take them.They are guided by greed and unreal dreams-which is substantially beyond their capability. This leads to misunderstanding and heartburn and false accusations-even when in laws have done everything correctly. Of course the stories have to be raunchy to get media attention! So this entire practice of sticking to Indian tradition must be done away with. It is difficult- but must be done. Otherwise, be prepared to face the music. It is becoming most dangerous to marry Indian woman. Marriage to an Indian woman must be counted as one of the life threatening conditions! In fact life insurance as well as health insurance premiums must sky rocket-if you are married to an Indian woman! Let the word spread!

(Guest)

Marriage to an Indian woman must be counted as one of the life threatening conditions!

oye..teri Maa kahan ki thi?did she filed fake cases on your father?

No na?

Bacause your father did not harrass her.....

(Guest)

@ARYA & @PRAGYA

STOP Chicken Fighting Each other

Let me Tell you Guys something what all over Globe People Said..

"Anything different--that's what they're gonna talk about--race, religion, ethnic and national background, jobs, income, education, social status, s*xuality, anything……
they can do to keep us fighting with each other, so that *they* can keep going to the bank!"

- Geroge Carlin

Our Fight is not against any Maa or Behen or EVEN our Wife..…BUT It is about Evil inside her empowered through the Law System, which has twisted situation so Badly.. Which has empowered Female gender in the Last 50 years for the name of Freedom, liberalization NOT ONLY in INDIA…but ALL OVER THE WORLD.

And our Corrupt "$%%&$" has blindly accepted what was given, Suggested. One way or the other

Last Let me Tell you Pragya…

"U.S has already Issued Travel Warning Marrying against Indian Girls.. So it is already considered as 'Threat' for those Indian American Nationals. Rest you can understand."

bhima balla (none)     25 February 2012

Yes today as Zameer said marrying an Indian woman is dangerous-

Sure , Yours and mine are from India-we are not talking about these obviously. We are talking about marrying to Indian women as we speak. The current Indian woman! Women demanding rights while shirking responsibilities-yet misuse laws to hammer their husbands and in laws- not because they are right but because they can misuse it!